The Trip

This is what we have been calling it for a year. (THE TRIP) 6 of us start out from West Virginia on the 18th and will be in Moab the next day. We plan to ride a couple hours for two mornings and then sight see a little in the afternoons. Then we are off to Montrose where we plan to ride in that area for a couple of days. We are going to the Black Canyon one afternoon and then we are headed to Taylor Park where we will ride for a week. This is our third trip to TP. We love the high country single track. So you can understand how the excitement is building. Here we come.

I liked it so much, I moved here. :ride:

I like "The Avalanche" soooo much, I moved here. If I could marry "The Avalanche" I would, I like them soooo much my heart hurts sometimes.

Go Sharks!

:ride::ride:

Where is here? Moab, Montrose, Gunnison.

Go Sharks!

:ride::banana:

August 13th ya pansy posey collecting poofter. :ride::ride:

August 13th ya pansy posey collecting poofter. :ride::ride:

Not sure I'll be at that race.... :ride:

MotoGoalie, Gee says you might be interested in riding with us on the 22 -23. If your interested in riding with us let me know. We would sure like the tour. We have a great group.

Yeah buddy. I can do the 22nd and half day on 23rd. Is Gee going?

That would be cool. I ride like a spode but I can point you in the right directions. I know the Lake City, Ouray, Creede area pretty well. If you guys are going to be in Taylor Park (which no longer exists), I'd love to get up there and explore that area too.

I'll pm my cell and phone.

You guys are sure making it tempting, currently I'm planning on going to the MX National at Thunder Valley that weekend. I'll make a last minute executive decision, I'd prefer to ride but we only get one pro MX race all year long.

You guys are sure making it tempting, currently I'm planning on going to the MX National at Thunder Valley that weekend. I'll make a last minute executive decision, I'd prefer to ride but we only get one pro MX race all year long.

YOu can watch it on TV, Mr. Gee

Come on and ride with us Gee, I can tell you the race results all ready.

Carmichael

Stewart

Reed - 3rd as always.

Know that you know the results, you can go with us. Ha ha.

Moab on the 18th? July 18th? It'll be 105 degrees there in the middle of July. :ride: Hope you got lights on your bikes 'cause you'll want to ride at 4am when its below 90 degrees. :ride:

Its been 95 degrees and 100% humidity over this way. You just suffer and ride. There is always something good about the ride even when its to hot. We are only going to ride a couple of mornings 6:00 am then until we can't stand it any longer. Then to the pool at the hotel and then some early evening driving the truck around, then some cool ones, then to bed. Start again in the morning.

It may not go in that order, but we are going to be so close and we all want to see Moab. We may not get to ride much there, but we are going over to the Montrose area and then to Taylor Park after that. Hopefully we will get all the riding we want at those locations.

You ruined the surprise!

I was going to suggest that they leave the shorts at home, and bring plenty of warm clothes. You know, fleece jerseys, maybe even a rubber suit.

Seriously, Moab is uninhabitable in summer.

Its been 95 degrees and 100% humidity over this way. You just suffer and ride. There is always something good about the ride even when its to hot. We are only going to ride a couple of mornings 6:00 am then until we can't stand it any longer. Then to the pool at the hotel and then some early evening driving the truck around, then some cool ones, then to bed. Start again in the morning.

It may not go in that order, but we are going to be so close and we all want to see Moab. We may not get to ride much there, but we are going over to the Montrose area and then to Taylor Park after that. Hopefully we will get all the riding we want at those locations.

I really don't think you know what your getting into. Moab is a high desert. It is extremely hot and dry at the peak of summer. There is virtually no shade. You will see why everyone out west is warning you when you get there. I bet you leave Moab early to get to the cooler elevations of Montrose and Taylor park.

One last warning. High altitude sickness. Most people get it because it creeps up on you. You're coming from almost sea level to 9000 plus feet. That's huge. Drink lots of water and take it easy the first few days. I would suggest you do an internet search for high altitude sickness and be aware of all the symptoms and heed the advice given. It can knock you out like a bad flu. Also; there's much more UV ray exposure at this altitude due to the lack of atmosphere filtering it. Sun screen is mandatory. More so than even at the beach. Have fun and good luck.

P.S. My avatar picture was taken in Moab.

This crew has been out here for the past 3 years so they sound like they know what they are doing. :ride: