My chain is rubbing my tire!

I own a Honda 450X that I converted into a supermoto. I have a 150/60/17 Pilot power rear tire, and the chain is rubbing the side of the tire. I looked for a 140 tire, but I am really loyal to the pilot power and it doesn't come in 140 tire. I have heared to put a spacer on the sprocket to help, anybody know of this, or have any suggestions? :ride:

If you shim the rear sprocket then you need to shim the countershaft sprocket as well or the chain line will be all wonky. Don't get carried away as the bending loads on the CS go up quick as the sprocket is hung out further. An 1/8 to 3/16 inch would be OK but much more and you're asking for troubles.

I'm not a big fan of offsetting the wheel as the bike is no longer symetrical then.

don't know if you tried, but just flipping your countershaft sprocket sometimes helps some. Other than that, different tire manufacturers have different geometry so a 160 is not one true width for all mfgs. Some people have slight rub issues, some don't at all, you just need to find what works for your bike/rim/tire/chain set up.

Also try running a non O-Ring chain. O-Ring chains are wider and can rub easier. Also, the stock Honda chains are not that great - they tend to flop about and hit the chain. Try using a DID ERT moto chain or something like that chain in quality

I am running the DID vt ring chain, it is an o ring but it isn't as big and bulky as a standard o ring chain. I have the sprocket flipped too, so I am back where I started, and only running a 150 tire.

This worked on my DRZ & my chain hit/gouged the rim. Loosen the spokes on the sprocket side 1/4 to 1/2 turn all the way around. Then tighten the spokes on the brake side that same 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it will draw the wheel to the brake side. If it is not enough repeat the process again. It is a lot easier than figuring out spacers in the sprockets. P.S. This is what RAD Mfg does to the wheels they set up.

This worked on my DRZ & my chain hit/gouged the rim. Loosen the spokes on the sprocket side 1/4 to 1/2 turn all the way around. Then tighten the spokes on the brake side that same 1/4 to 1/2 turn and it will draw the wheel to the brake side. If it is not enough repeat the process again. It is a lot easier than figuring out spacers in the sprockets. P.S. This is what RAD Mfg does to the wheels they set up.

My wheels are excel with RAD Mfg hubs, so I asume this already is done? I contacted launchzone so hopefully he will have a spacer for me!

Well found the fix if anybody else has the same problem. Found a TTer that sells spacer kits for most bikes. Check out this web site if you have the same problems I did, www.launchzone.ca A little exspensive, but like the saying goes, you get what you pay for! Thanks for the help guys!!! ?