Sign in to follow this  

re-spring?

I am going to send my forks and shock out at the end of the season to be revalved and set up. My question is should I dig deeper into my wallet to have them re-sprung? I'm 150lbs in street clothes and I ride a '06 CRF250R

thanks in advanced

I believe your stockers should be pretty close to right. Who are you sending the stuff out to? Thier philosophy on damping will really be the say so...FC, RG3, Enzo, probably wont need springs. Racetech, Provalve probably will want to sell you springs. (softer)

I'm looking into either Pro Circuit or MB1. I have buddies that have used both of the companies and they had no complaints. I'm going to call both companies and see what they have to say.

I'm looking into either Pro Circuit or MB1. I have buddies that have used both of the companies and they had no complaints. I'm going to call both companies and see what they have to say.

Looking at both, Id send it to MB1

Here's a dumb question maybe. How do you identify the springs? they got the rate stamped on them some place or what? before i go to trouble of pulling one out...

Yes you can find a marking at the top of the spring. Look in the book you got with the bike to see what the markings stands for (Honda books). Original, soft or harder.

Thanks Shawn, I have been swaying more towards MB1 as it is so i'll give them a call and see if they can help me