Sign in to follow this  

the thread to end all noob threads

okay people i have been looking through all this fourm and alot of new people to riding to start this sport has no seatbelts, no roll cages... JUST BALLS .. alot of people seem to have trouble jumping in here or keeping it flat or in some cases keeping their feet on the pegs well comin on to a web site and askin how u do a jump is rather pointless i can commend the helpful people who actually sit down and try to technically break up an approach of a jump well u are really not gonna learn anything that way in most cases it confuses you when u are about to fly u really dont wanna be thinkin OKAY i got the throttle open a 1/4 of the way now i keep my weight neutral my current velocity is 25mph and my trajectory is 25..........BS just think about how cool your gonna be when u land on the other side do something once in this sport and u will kno if u can do it again. a good tip for timing and learning how far u need to clear something find a good table top somewere with a long landing then have a frend mark a spot were u want your back wheel to land continue to go off this jump until u can hit it everytime stagger the landing points if u mess no big deal u land flat on a table top this works great u can really gauge how far u fly and how fast u are goin i no when u are watchin people ride and go off a jump u say thats not that big no prob then u are about to go off it and are like HOLEY SH## just remember the table top trick do it till u are 100% confident another thing the right bike .... DUHH im coming from a xr80 goin to a crf450 guess what i hope when u bought that bike u got a free ambulance ride voucher a well gettin better at ridnig is a process that takes a tremndous amount of seat time what im saying is ride when ever u get the chance and keep it fun im still startin out to but i got a good feel for everything and basically tought myself it will come with experience

Totally unreadable dude, sorry...

cages... JUST BALLS ..

25..........BS

the right bike .... DUHH

Must be a computer glitch, the periods all seem to have bunched up. :ride:

yeah grammer isnt my strongest point i tried lol its the damn msn that messed me up

holy crap i have a headache and...there have been many other threads saying the same things you just said. all in all, you've just added to the newb thread count.

So what you are saying, essentially, is instead of listening to the advice of others they should just use your advice. :ride:

You philosophy would work if all people were the same - possessing the same natural level of skill, the same level of courage, the same age, the same track, the same level of understanding.

**Note how and when I chose to place periods.

:ride:

and yamaha_97 - the word "dude" is so yesterday. :ride:

So technically we shouldn't even have this forum because asking questions is stupid and a way of time? If that's true then why would you even waste your time by coming in here? :ride:

So technically we shouldn't even have this forum because asking questions is stupid and a way of time? If that's true then why would you even waste your time by coming in here? :ride:

Yep - used to drive me crazy when people would gripe about newbie questions, not doing a thorough search first, same question over and over again, etc. Never understood that because people, having free will, can skim right over a question they arent interested in; you dont have to read it. Who cares.

I dont smoke, but it kinda bugs me that you cant smoke in bars in some states across the board. There should be smoking bars and nonsmoking bars (owners choice). If you don like whats going on at the bar.... you dont go there, end of story. Same with threads.... if you dont like the topic, dont open and read it. :ride:

a_gunslinger now dosmounts his soapbox...

...................................................................................................... theres all the periods i would of used lol. i havent seen any other noob threads, what i am simply trying to do here is to help all the new riders the only way to get better is to just ride not ask questions on a web site.

thanks yamaha 97 u understood

...................................................................................................... theres all the periods i would of used lol. i havent seen any other noob threads, what i am simply trying to do here is to help all the new riders the only way to get better is to just ride not ask questions on a web site.

thanks yamaha 97 u understood

I guess I took my stance because I am one of those people, and was one of those noobs, that couldnt help asking questions. I rode a lot also, but some geeks/people like to over analyze things and ask a ton of questiosn - we, I mean they, cant help it :ride:

Yes, a_gunslinger got it!!! They over analyze everything! I know there is occasionally the need to come and ask questions, but, i dont think everyone needs to ask how to jump and corner!!! I doubt very much that someone will ask, get an answer, go to the track the next day and huck the huge jump they dreamed of just because someone on here told them what to do. It takes time, riding and more riding.

everyone knows the best way is seat time, there, thats the secret. true people need to use the search option before posting a thread that has been placed time and time again.

but what are you gonna do? I dunno.

I ask questions and ride every day...I ask questions because I have an obsession with motocross, not because I want to get better. I do keep some of the helpful hints in mind but mostly I get out and ride and try different things. Thank god I have a small track in my backyard! :ride:

I think you have a good point but over analyzing isn't a crime. I do it all the time (only when It's to late to ride). I think posting questions actually makes me feel good about myself because it gives me something to do to feed my craving of motocross. Sure some people aren't as addicted to motocross as I am, but addiction is addiction, no matter what magnitude! I say that noobs should keep on posting their questions and the people who get but hurt about the same questions over and over again, DON'T VIEW THE THREAD! Is that so hard?

That's just my $0.02

[Abandoned]

To prepare for piloting a plane I first had to attend many hours of flight instruction. To prepare for SCUBA diving I first had to attend many hours of diving instruction.

But, to prepare for riding a motorcycle off-road, I first had to (well, actually, I had no initial instruction). One could argue that we (motorcycle riders) are the less professional, and that we should be giving more (not less) riding instruction to help prevent first-timer accidents. I believe it would have saved me not a few skinned arms and legs (others maybe not so lucky).

I agree, nothing improves our riding skills like practice -- but practice is more effective if we start with knowledge. And forums like TT are one way to gain this knowledge--we learn from the experience of those who went before us.

At an advanced stage an expert's skill goes beyond knowledge -- and becomes an instinct (like a boxer's). That's because your body can react faster than your mind. At an even more advanced stage, long after skills become automatic, your mind can come back into the picture on your way to becoming a master rider (I'm thinking of an analogy to how Roger Federer plays tennis).

However, for a beginner, practice without some knowledge is like (you fill in the blank). :ride:

Later... I need to go practice my turning. :ride: