trials tire!!!

I broke down andput the dunlop trials tire on the back of my 04 CRF307x and I love it. I ride mainly rocky trails and ones that are soo hard they are like rock, and it does great, you crack the throttle and with this tire the whelspin is almost gone!. I have 40 plus miles and there is no signs of wear yet.

I will change it out for winter, but for the summer it is fantastic!!!

4 years ago I was the only one in our area running a trials tire. Nobody really believed they could be so effective. Now that Jimmy Lewis wrote his article and DB is also running one, 3 out of 4 tires in our group are trials. You'll be able to put well over 1000 miles on that tire and it will still work very well. Even after the knobs run over they still stick.

welcome to traction INC.

M12 up front and the trials in the rear.

everyone points and laughs, until they try one.

I run the IRC Radial, Tubeless Trials with a HD tube....

velcro on the trails...pure velcro

if I can find a bottom, I havent found ANYTHING it doesnt work on, except high speed leaned over grass track.

for rocks, roots, trails, gravel etc....magic.

:ride:

HR

No, but I imagine it should work, the only area it might not work well is mud as it would clog fast, but I see no reason it would not work in sand. Has anyone tried it? I am going to the beach in September and will for sure.

Have you tried it in deep sand yet?

I have tried deep sand or at least sand in areas on trails we have that is a foot + deep, not sand dunes.

dunes no question paddle, but for the sand I have run in, keeping the front end down is challenging, it hooks up.

My boys say they dont like it as it throws a lot of crap, but differently than a knob, higher stream of crap is ejected, so I tell them to quit whining and either pass me or back off. :ride:

I havent had an issue with it loading in mud either. I run right at 10 psi max, and if its muddy or really snotty, I will go to 8 or 7, just dont plan on doing any speed at that low of PSI, but wow does it hook. Also the low PSI provides an added bonus, that of a very very cushy rear end ride, above your dialed in suspension.

HD tubes and slime are added to the equation for me.

The knobs are like gummie bear candy, you can twist em, and have found that they clean themselves really well.

for me and where I ride, its my rear tire.

Period.

Only thing I will change is the air pressure, based on the amount of high speed zooming I expect. below 8 or 9 PSI its squishy at speed and can open your eyes.

HR

for the sand I have run in, keeping the front end down is challenging, it hooks up.
I'm probably going to try the 952 next just to see how it works, but it sounds like I'll be trying a trials tire after that :ride: .

So anyone tried a trials tire on both the front and back?

Speeds on a normal dirtbike are too fast for a front trials tire. You just won't have any bite and will be washing in every corner. If all you did was rock climb, it might be ok but over varied conditions forget it.

Speeds on a normal dirtbike are too fast for a front trials tire. You just won't have any bite and will be washing in every corner. If all you did was rock climb, it might be ok but over varied conditions forget it.

You mean like this?

ph-wentworth-del-4.jpg

Hey what pressures are you guys running in your trials tire?

The tire by itself is only half the equation.

I'm running 11 psi with an ultra-heavy duty inner tube. I would go lower, but I like to race around some of the tracks, and the tire gets a little wobbly coming out of the hard packed turns if I go too low.

The local expert recommends and runs 9 psi with two bead locks.

Marquette county in the U.P. We have well over a hundred miles of incredible single track that our club put in on local mining company land. It's not part of the state trail system.

MAN I really need to get back up there soon. Im gonna have to talk to my friends and see if we can plan a trip up there this fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I have IRC's front and rear. So far, I'm very pleased. I have not done any deep slimy mud yet but I'm sure they will do fine. I run about 14 lbs. in both ends. I got a pinch flat early on running 10 in the rear. Even with 14 lbs. in them, it feels like you're riding on pillows!

I love them.

Here I just made a short video of the moon rock AA trail. I have a trials tire on and this is the stuff it's made for. Video doesn't do it justice, this trail is up and down some very steep stuff.

Moon rocks

Thanks for the video!!! That is my kind of trail.....I was hurtin' my neck trying to look further up the trail...good stuff! Aim the camera higher next time ?