pismo???

i went last week. it was really cool. my first time at the dunes.

lol this guy was being stupid and drove his truck out a little bit to far on the beach and got stuck then high tide came and rocked his truck. they had to tow it out and the truck was toast.

i went last week. it was really cool. my first time at the dunes.

lol this guy was being stupid and drove his truck out a little bit to far on the beach and got stuck then high tide came and rocked his truck. they had to tow it out and the truck was toast.

that sucks.

Last time I was there, (about 2 years ago) someone completely drove their car out in the ocean ON PURPOSE. I don't know the whole story, but people were saying he was trying to commit suicide. (wouldn't a gun be easier?)

Anyways, there was a huge commotion, helicopter overhead, coast guard boats in the water, the whole deal. they had that section of the beach closed. Everybody there was trying to get a look at what happened, so It was pretty crowded down there. the highlight of the trip :ride:

pismo's a cool place. it can get crowded though. try to go in the middle of the week if you can.

I haven't been to Pismo, but from what I hear sand is MURDER for your bike. Is this true??? :ride:

BS. The only thing it's harder on is your chain and sprockets. I was there for 5 days and nothing broke on my bike. I didn't even get rust on my frame where there was no paint left.

It's the FINE sand that gets suck in your existing grease that causes problems. Once trapped with moving parts can cause EXCESSIVE WEAR due to the grinding effect! You just need to TEARDOWN your bike IF you want it to last... :ride:

It's the FINE sand that gets suck in your existing grease that causes problems. Once trapped with moving parts can cause EXCESSIVE WEAR due to the grinding effect! You just need to TEARDOWN your bike IF you want it to last... :ride:
Very, very TRUE!!!!

1. It's crowded beyond being safe. You have renters, who don't have a clue.

The 10 year olds who never turn their heads to look at traffic. 4x4 vehicles, rails, buggies all running around the 'postage stamp' size OHV area.

2. Hard on the machines, whether you use a paddle or knobby tire.

3. The moist salt air will get into everything, and you will see rust on all exposed metal within hours.

4. It will be crowded beyond being safe.

We're goin down on sat the 22nd. we were there on sat the weekend of the 4th. It was fun people watching. sure maybe a bit crowded. but that was half the fun. we like to party, meet new people and rip up the dunes on our cr's. if this is up anyone's alley look for us.....3 cr's....anti sierra club...it'l be obvious

have fun all

1. It's crowded beyond being safe. You have renters, who don't have a clue.

The 10 year olds who never turn their heads to look at traffic. 4x4 vehicles, rails, buggies all running around the 'postage stamp' size OHV area.

2. Hard on the machines, whether you use a paddle or knobby tire.

3. The moist salt air will get into everything, and you will see rust on all exposed metal within hours.

4. It will be crowded beyond being safe.

Seriously, get over it. Everyone I've ever talked to had fun when they went to pismo. The crowd is only a problem if you're a squid, or have no friends to spot jumps for you. If you think pismo is crowded, you should hit up open practice at an MX track. you'll :ride: your pants.