Sign in to follow this  

CCMA Grant Proposal

It is time to send in your letters of support for the Hollister Field Office OHV Grant proposal for the CCMA.

I sent mine via E-mail to Brian White. Once again I am sure I approached it from another angle. Here it is, maybe it will give some ideas to others thinking of sending a recommendation. DT

Thursday, July 13, 2006

As a longtime user of the Clear Creek Management Area (CCMA) I have become increasingly concerned with the previous management practices exhibited by the Hollister Field Office. From the lack of cooperation in disclosing information about some of the rare endemic species (Camissonia benitensis -Layia discoidea), to the most current summer closure of CCMA because of the fear linked with chrysotile etiology.

The troubles of the previous management from the Hollister Field Office are well documented, and apparently behind us. Since the installation of the new management team I have seen a tremendous change in the attitude at the Hollister Field Office and I do attribute that to the current leadership. Finally, the Management and staff appear to be headed in good direction for the long-term health and protection of the outstanding resources within the CCMA.

One simple example is the decision by the current management team of the Hollister Field Office that postpones the plan to charge a user fee untill more information is attained on the use patterns and method for implementation of the program. This, I feel, is a direct result of meetings held with the users of the CCMA and the current Management of the BLM. It shows willingness by the BLM to listen to, and use some of the extensive experience offered by the leaders in the OHV community. It will also insure success of the user fee program when it is implemented.

The areas where the Hollister Field Office are putting their focus with this grant proposal, law enforcement, trail maintenance, and restoration are key in the protection of valuable resources within the CCMA. Therefore I want my public funds supporting the BLM and their efforts in the CCMA. I strongly recommend that this grant proposal is accepted and funded in its entirety.

Thank you for your consideration.

David Tharp

Dave,

Nice letter, Where can we find the details of the grant proposal? If we had a link to this we could write a better letter. Maybe the Salinas Valley Ramblers have something on this?

I know letter writing works!

Bruce W

Here is the contact information for the people that would like your letters for the Grant proposal and a link to the staff directory.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/hollister/directory.html

Lesly_Smith@ca.blm.gov

Brian_White@blm.gov

Brian White is the person I contact when I am looking for info about Clear Creek also check ET’s Blog for info.

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/clearcreek.htm

Yes, letters do work and are a valuable tool. I would also recommend spending a little time reading some of the documents on the BLM site. DT

http://www.blm.gov/ca/hollister/index.html

Dave,

Nice letter, Where can we find the details of the grant proposal? If we had a link to this we could write a better letter. Maybe the Salinas Valley Ramblers have something on this?

I know letter writing works!

Bruce W

This will get you to all of the California BLM OHV grant requests:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/pa/ohv/grants/2007/

Read through some of them.......lots of PORK in there!

Ride on

Brewster

CERA...assistant LAO

A FN plant guy tryin to save my creek. The true enemies of the creek are members of the california native plant society. You need to pick a side Dave. There are people who will mistake you for the enemy if you continue to walk both lines. If people truly want to save the creek look up Juli Delgato or Brian Leneve, these two are the enemy.

A FN plant guy tryin to save my creek. The true enemies of the creek are members of the california native plant society. You need to pick a side Dave. There are people who will mistake you for the enemy if you continue to walk both lines. If people truly want to save the creek look up Juli Delgato or Brian Leneve, these two are the enemy.

If my letter is not clear enough let me put it plainly. I want the BLM to responsibly manage the CCMA, with consistent information and best known methods, without the agenda that LeNeve, Delgado, the EPA are pushing.

That is the side I am on. DT

The BLM is a puppet agency that is steered around by the decisions of judges brought into the pictures by lawsuits filed by large anti dirtbike organizations.....good luck cheering for them as you are. As long as the people of the blm live and continue to be these puppets they will always be my enemy.