Sign in to follow this  

kx 100

A 230 isn't much less than a 250f and I could hang with the 250f's on my kx100 but it was alot easier to beat them on my 125. For a 100 to keep up with the bigger four strokes you will have to ride your butt off.

a kx100 will smoke the 230 i had both the 230 felt like a kx65, the 230 was really slow a no power the kx100 with smoke it no problem at all :ride::ride:

A CRF230 isn't even close to a 250F. An 85 two-stroke makes more power than the 230. The CRF230 only makes about 16 rwhp (250Fs are around 35). The KX100 makes 23, and is close to 100 pounds lighter than the 230. The KX100 will absolutely annihilate the 230 in any sort of acceleration test. The only advantage the CRF has is much better low-end torque, which will be beneficial in tight, slow, technical trail riding. Any place where the bikes can be opened up, the KX100 will run and hide from the CRF230.

good decision! i did the same exact thing but i had the TTR and it sucked so i went out and got a kx100!

yes the 100 is quicker but not faster in the long haul the 100 is gonna pop.

why would you go from a 230 down to a 100 and not up to a 250

he can do what he thinks is right, and this happens to be a good choice, the 230s absolutely suck

Agreed, the 230 is a dog. My 100 will keep up with the 250f's and 450f's if you ride it really hard and never let off in the corners. Because no one uses all of the power of the 250/450 on a normal track therefore you can keep up with them.

you kids need to go to bed.you mean to tell me your 100 is gonna keep up with a 250 or 450 only if you can catch one. let alone a 230 on a open dessert ride,your lucky if that bike dont explode in the first 20 miles held wide open.we didnt say a track or who would even compare a 230 on a track. and if your 100 is so fast why dont they race in 250/125 class. dont get me wrong my son has a kx100 06 it is fast for its class.

my point was if you were already riding that tall of a bike why go down in size when you will out grow that bike soon when you should of got something you could mature into,catch my drift

a guy in my school who races CMX with a CRF250 says that there is kx100's and ktm 105's that race too and he said the one time the ktm pulled first place, its all about the rider

Any place where the bikes can be opened up, the KX100 will run and hide from the CRF230.

i don't know if the KX will Hide Chokey! i mean, the 230 is only a HONDA!! LOL :applause::applause:

seriously, all kidding aside i really have no prejudice against any brand of bike.

Walking into my garage reminds me of that all the time! but, as mentioned previously, the 100 has alot more power! :thumbsup:

P.S. i have more bikes than my signature shows.... i just couldn't fit them all on there! (Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Bultaco, Cz, etc....) :ride:

i see alot of green!

:applause::applause::applause: yeah, i know! i think it's time to mix it up a little more :thumbsup: i got an '07 husky on the way! :ride:

is it normal to have a little leakage around the idle screw on my sons kx100.

i changed the screw and theres no o ring havent rode it since so i dont know if it still leaks

KX100 is faster than a CRF230, to answer the original question.