Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam- GA single track

Here is some helmet cam footage of a Federal riding area in Greensboro GA called Town Creek. This is footage of Loop A which is a 10 mile one way loop of mostly single track and a lot of fun. THis is the link to my helmet cam site. Thanks for looking :ride::ride:

www.putfile.com/walnish

http://media.putfile.com/Town-Creek-ORV-1

http://media.putfile.com/Town-Creek-2

http://media.putfile.com/Town-Creek-3

http://media.putfile.com/Town-Creek-4

:ride::banana::p:p:ride::ride::ride::ride::ride:

Nice video! Looks a lot like some of the single tracks here in N Mi. :ride: And NO music-just the bike. :ride:

Thanks man. :ride: I do not compress or edit the video so I have to post it in 1.5 min. clips to keep the quality good and yes I'm riding a bike not listening to music, so you won't have to either :ride:

I saw a dad with a shirt that said:

Primary Sponsor

Crew Chief

Lead Mechanic

Truck Driver

AND Nagging DAD!!! :ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::banana::p:p:ride:

Thanks man. :ride: I do not compress or edit the video so I have to post it in 1.5 min. clips to keep the quality good and yes I'm riding a bike not listening to music, so you won't have to either :p

I saw a dad with a shirt that said:

Primary Sponsor

Crew Chief

Lead Mechanic

Truck Driver

AND Nagging DAD!!! :ride::ride::ride::ride::ride::p:ride::ride::ride:

I need that shirt!! :ride: Cool videos. :banana:

Sweet video, and the sound of the bike is a much better sound track than the usual death-rock that goes with most bike videos... :ride:

Town Creek is a great place to ride, I went there a lot when I still lived in Atlanta. I liked the one-way trails, don't have to worry about the quad that's flying head-first at you around the next bend. Something more ORV parks should do...

That particular ORV park doesn't have any hills. There are plenty of others in N. GA. that do, though. My favorite riding area there was Houston Valley, in Ringold, GA. The park is situated in a valley between two mountains, with trails going up, around, and over both mountians. And there are two "Black Diamond" (expert only) trails there that are fantastic!

Sigh...I now live in FL, where a mound of dirt is the closest thing to a hill...I miss riding in the mountains. I'm thinking of taking a 3-4 day weekend soon and heading up to GA to hit some of my old riding spots...

We were at Houston Valley last weekend. What a great area. Lots of elevation changes and rocky at times to keep you on your toes. :ride:

Sweet place to ride.

It's cool that They built those wood bridges for everyone.

We were at Houston Valley last weekend. What a great area. Lots of elevation changes and rocky at times to keep you on your toes. :ride:
Have you tried Dahlonega yet? It's a little tighter than Houston Valley, but loads of fun.

Yes, you are talking about Whissenhunt in Dahlonega. I ride everything up here including HV, and Durhamtown, Highland Park, The Ridge, Broadriver and many others. So much riding to do. This working for a living gets in the way of my riding.

www.ridgeriding.com (My favorite area)

www.highlandparkresort.com (Great new place) Steep

www.georgiaoffroad.com

www.broadriveratv.com

www.sorcs.net ( the series I'm racing up here)

:ride::ride::thumbsup::ride::cry:

Nice vids......never been to Town Creek but now I feel like I have.

Kevin (smyrna ga)

I was interested in your Vegas to Reno video.Did you finish? If not why not if so what time and place?Bike sounded like a Honda 650,am i correct?What year did you compete in this race,I dont think it gave us that info,Thanx.

I'll give you the short version and I'll give you a link to the long version.

Yes it was an '01 XR650R :thumbsup: and I ran the first 80 miles to pit 3 and it was my first time in the desert and it was tough but I was making it. That's why I'm so slow. I felt like I had all day to wreck, I needed to get my desert legs under me. I gave the bike to my partner at pit 3 and he went 8 miles and lost the bike on an uphill and ripped the clutch cover open and water pump off and we were done.

I waited at pit 4 and he never showed up. He had to walk back to pit 3. We used Honda Pits for gas and spares. got a flat at mile 50 or so and rode until pit 3 where they gassed us up and swapped the whole wheel in about 30 seconds. :ride:

I hate it, but we tried and I'm running it again in '07 on my buddys KTM 525MXC. Here is a link to the long story and our 2007 planner. I am "Walnish" on this site.

www.georgiaoffroad.com then "Forums" then "Rides Off-Road Enduro, HS"

it is the "2007 Vegas to Reno Planner"

I can't wait!!! :cry::ride::ride: