new pep boys pit bike or used dirt bike

looking to buy a bike for my kids to learn on I have a hayabusa and they want to learn how to ride it one day went in today to get a KC 110 pit bike at pep boys but found this site and now I am thinking twice for 800 i can get the KC 110 or should i look for a used dirt bike i found a yamaha 125 used for about 1200 in descent shape a new 05 honda 90 i think was 1799 want to get one before the kids go back to school need any advice i can get thanks

something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-klx-110_W0QQitemZ250008632699QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to give you an idea about the KC bikes.

lets say pep boys started selling cheap copies of hayabusa's for half the price. Would you trust them to be reliable and have a full parts service at your convience just like REAL bike big stores have? i personally would not...

KC's are pretty much the same idea as they are trying to be Full Race Ready Pitbikes at half the price...same principles apply here. I enjoy being able to run up the street to my local bike shop to grab parts. I can promise you your local pep boys does not carry many extra parts for those bikes on site in there store. You will have to order them and sit and wait...

Too say it bluntly, KC's are pretty much one of the cheapest bikes out there that squids ride.

something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-klx-110_W0QQitemZ250008632699QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to give you an idea about the KC bikes.

lets say pep boys started selling cheap copies of hayabusa's for half the price. Would you trust them to be reliable and have a full parts service at your convience just like REAL bike big stores have? i personally would not...

KC's are pretty much the same idea as they are trying to be Full Race Ready Pitbikes at half the price...same principles apply here. I enjoy being able to run up the street to my local bike shop to grab parts. I can promise you your local pep boys does not carry many extra parts for those bikes on site in there store. You will have to order them and sit and wait...

Too say it bluntly, KC's are pretty much one of the cheapest bikes out there that squids ride.

Proud 46 yr. old squid chiming in here.....bottom line if you are hard on your bikes and need parts all the time.....you are better off going with a name brand bike....maybe used....KC has a nice web site with all the parts listed......voice of experience here unlike some other guys around here who never even own one ?!?!......I said this before and I'll say it again....I've owned 5 Pepboy bikes in the last 3 years....all good bikes and save lots of money.....2-2 strokes......still own a 49cc Baja.....90cc Baja atv......and my new favorite KC 70 cc pitbike....(had not needed a single part for any of my bikes)....of which I've had 7 months now.....I'm 200 lbs. (rated for 225 in the book) and been over 40 mphs on this one...I have jump some been in a lot of dirt and done some street racing with this bike and the rest of mine.....for $ 599........show me a bike and store I could walk in here locally in Ohio and get a better bike and deal....?????......For the cash the KC'S are great !!!......again most of the negative advice you get here will be from guys who spend a lot more and race a lot more......but for the everday rider of which most of us are.....these KC bikes are a very good deal !!! OLD MAN SQUID SIGNING OFF NOW.......LOL

Proud 46 yr. old squid chiming in here.....bottom line if you are hard on your bikes and need parts all the time.....you are better off going with a name brand bike....maybe used....KC has a nice web site with all the parts listed......voice of experience here unlike some other guys around here who never even own one ?!?!......I said this before and I'll say it again....I've owned 5 Pepboy bikes in the last 3 years....all good bikes and save lots of money.....2-2 strokes......still own a 49cc Baja.....90cc Baja atv......and my new favorite KC 70 cc pitbike....(had not needed a single part for any of my bikes)....of which I've had 7 months now.....I'm 200 lbs. (rated for 225 in the book) and been over 40 mphs on this one...I have jump some been in a lot of dirt and done some street racing with this bike and the rest of mine.....for $ 599........show me a bike and store I could walk in here locally in Ohio and get a better bike and deal....?????......For the cash the KC'S are great !!!......again most of the negative advice you get here will be from guys who spend a lot more and race a lot more......but for the everday rider of which most of us are.....these KC bikes are a very good deal !!! OLD MAN SQUID SIGNING OFF NOW.......LOL
Yeah we never might have had one but what does that prove. I guess some people think buying a bike from a car parts place is suspect.

he started this thread asking for a bit of advice not an arguement, grow up.

Proud 46 yr. old squid chiming in here.....bottom line if you are hard on your bikes and need parts all the time.....you are better off going with a name brand bike

:thumbsup: so if you actually plan on riding it like pitbikes are suppose to be ridden then its not for you..is that what you are trying to say? So the KC are only good while you learn but once you feel a little but confident on them and start riding them hard they wont hold up? BTW just because it goes 40mph doesnt mean a single thing about quality and reliabilty of a bike....

Another thing...since everyone here likes the "hands on" approach to buy bikes here. There is ALWAYS races going on. Just go to one and check out the bikes! Everyone pretty much will be helpful and enjoy sharing info!

As for locally in Ohio check out http://www.medinapitsterpro.com/Home.php

the guy that runs it is EVEYWHERE and gldaly shows people his rides!

for now i just need a learner bike with a real clutch and a gearbox it is mostly for my 12 year old to learn i would like to hear something bad about the KC from someone who has owned one the used yamaha 125 is down to 1100 with a helmet and some gear thanks