Why Don't More People Ride Enduro's???

How come you guys don't race motocross. Is it cause you cant?

Hell no! I'm a 37 yo beginner, no way I belong on the MX track. I went to the beginner Enduro at Shelton, it was a blast. It was a great way to start, with instruction and friendly people showing you how it works. Clearly I was one of the slower dudes out there but I still had a good time. It was also clearly full of sandbaggers and guys who knew exactly what they were doing. But no worries, so long as I improve I'm having a good time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MX is another good discipline that improves an offroad racer. I'd like to do more MX and MX races. but honestly I find MX races kind of boring compared to offroad. too much standing around waiting for your motos. I get a lot more for my money with offroad racing.

So true about sitting around. That is why I go to a lot of practice tracks. Burntridge is a good one.

I really wish that NMA and OMRA would coordinate a joint PAC NW enduro series for the benefit of all NW enduro riders. Washington events could be Washington (NMA) and PAC NW points events. Oregon events could be Oregon (OMRA) and PAC NW point events. Add the Idaho City ISDE event as a double points round or something.

It would be nice to be able to race at least one enduro every month from March to November. I really think all of our off road riders would benefit tremendously from the events.

I could jusitify spending the money on an enduro computer, etc if I knew I was going to be able to put it to use 8-10 times annually for competitive enduros.

FYI.... strait= narrow or constricted, a narrow body of water joining two larger bodies of water.

straight= a heterosexual, a conventional person.

Happy to straighten this out straightaway in a straightforward fashion.

this year for me was the year of doing moto,next year is my enduro try. i'm looking forward to it,i planned to try it this year but the moto window was closing real fast. realize after racing in moto that my 46yo body not taking it to well. looking forward to doing the short course and working up to long course.so watch out senior c enduro riders here i come.

I really wish that NMA and OMRA would coordinate a joint PAC NW enduro series for the benefit of all NW enduro riders. Washington events could be Washington (NMA) and PAC NW points events. Oregon events could be Oregon (OMRA) and PAC NW point events. Add the Idaho City ISDE event as a double points round or something.

I like this idea. I'm forwarding it to Tory Briggs.

I'd run more enduros if the time averages on the first loop were slower. They are too fast for me.

As for why I don't ride MX.. I'm even more chicken than I am slow. ?

No I'm strait. I'm not going to race anything called Buttstomper.

I saw your avatar and realized why you won't race anything called the Buttstomper.

By the looks of that rear fender and exhaust, it seems you've had enough Buttstompin! ??:ride:

I don't know if you have a WR or YZ, I'll assume YZ but the GUTS Racing hardcore gripper is inexpensive and tough as nails. I'm 6'3" and went with the tall soft foam too, nice on those 100 mile single track rides ?

I was thinking of getting the griper once I take my seat in to an upholster and have it made into a step seat. But it is a YZ look at my signature. And i still don't get why woods are so fun I went to Shelton to ride and it was boring. I guess I like to just fly threw the air.

I was thinking of getting the griper once I take my seat in to an upholster and have it made into a step seat. But it is a YZ look at my signature. And i still don't get why woods are so fun I went to Shelton to ride and it was boring. I guess I like to just fly threw the air.

Not all can see the enjoyment of riding new terrain all day (thankfully otherwise the woods would get too crowded).

Some are infected with the disease known as "ridingincirclesalldayicitis", which afflicts MX heads, NASCAR junkies, and IRL folks. ?

Symptoms include being drawn to glittery graphics, fashion shows of the newest gear, fear of traversing too far from the hauler/toolbox, fear of ungroomed terrain, lack of navigational skills, and fear of the Yeti who wanders these hills. :ride:

While constant therapy and support from friends may cause this affliction to enter remission, it seems to recur regularly, and if left untreated, may cause severe "poserism". ?

Friends don't let friends be afraid of the woods. :ride:

Enduros are the most fun of all off road competitions. I ran them religiously in the mid 80s, and did quite well in the NMA standings. Now at 50, I still enjoy the sport, the timekeeping and the fellowship of riders. Anyone else done one on a 950? I didn't think so.

Not all can see the enjoyment of riding new terrain all day (thankfully otherwise the woods would get too crowded).

Some are infected with the disease known as "ridingincirclesalldayicitis", which afflicts MX heads, NASCAR junkies, and IRL folks. :ride:

Symptoms include being drawn to glittery graphics, fashion shows of the newest gear, fear of traversing too far from the hauler/toolbox, fear of ungroomed terrain, lack of navigational skills, and fear of the Yeti who wanders these hills. :crazy:

While constant therapy and support from friends may cause this affliction to enter remission, it seems to recur regularly, and if left untreated, may cause severe "poserism". :ride:

Friends don't let friends be afraid of the woods. ?

Thats too funny!! :ride:?

Scone..... If you would have run the night race you would have qualified for 3 races so i don't know what all the complaining is about!!!! If you put down the rum and coke you would have done great that night!!!

Hell my lights went out 6 miles from the end and I finished with a mini mag held in my mouth and still got 1st in my class.

Sap