Why Don't More People Ride Enduro's???

Scone..... If you would have run the night race you would have qualified for 3 races so i don't know what all the complaining is about!!!! If you put down the rum and coke you would have done great that night!!!

Hell my lights went out 6 miles from the end and I finished with a mini mag held in my mouth and still got 1st in my class.

Sap

Put down the rum and coke? yeah right................

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get all that on a motocross track.

Yeah like 10 times redundantly in a 20 minute moto.

You may hit quads in lower elevation systems but most of us are above tree line - side hilln' freaks so not many quads just the occasional tree hugger or mt. goat to deal with :ride:

Pucker factor is pucker factor, you can get it on the MX track or you can get it up in the woods but the fact is woods riding / free riding offers a multitude of challenges that are different every time you go somewhere else and you have the option of betting your buddies that " I can go up that downhill" or "I can cross that river" or "I can make a double out of that rock pile". You buy a forest pass, that and race entries and you are good to go for a year.

Were not paying $40 to practice on a man made formation that has a limited number of ways around it.

Down hills - you'll never see the downhills that we ride on a MX track. ?

Were not paying $40 to practice on a man made formation that has a limited number of ways around it.

Down hills - you'll never see the downhills that we ride on a MX track. ?

$40 to practice? Where are you riding at? The most I have ever spent to practice is $25. And are you talking about jumping a down hill or what didn't understand what you where saying.

$40 to practice? Where are you riding at? The most I have ever spent to practice is $25. And are you talking about jumping a down hill or what didn't understand what you where saying.

MXGP when it was open.

Down hill as in 45deg to 60deg vertical, ass as far back on rear fender as your legs will stretch, rear wheel trying to catch up with front wheel, dodging trees while trying to keep rear wheel on the ground, wondering when it will end or how it will end kinda downhill :ride:

Downhill jumping? How much easier does it get than downhill jumping ? I'll admit that downhill jumping is a blast, especially for us off raod guys with the plush suspensions. ?

I don't know who is funnier....

The off-road guys that think MX is nothing but a perfectly groomed, loamy merry-go-round......

or

The motocrossers who think off-road racing is an all-day putt-putt trail ride......

They're both tough in their own rights.

I think having a muti state series would both be good & bad. GOOD more enduro's. BAD alot mor traveling. I would like to see the nma do some thinking on this issue

The only reason I post this is that both states (Oregon and Washington) appear to have limited ability/event dates/clubs/areas to put a full enduro schedule out (8-10 enduros annually). I suggested a possible solution in an attempt to help this problem. I know there are lots of people, myself included, that would be more involved with a series that included more opportunity for growth. I don't like the cost/time much either of the travel...but more opportunity if you do and I would rather travel 3-5 hours than travel 8+ to get more opportunities in Nor Cal or elsewhere.

I know I was poking fun with the 4 weekend of the month breakdown earlier, but really if you want cross participation that is about the only way you can do it. With a 8 race schedule (one weekend per month March thru October) that is almost how it could be done. I could travel the first weekend of every month to a series enduro (for example) and then hit a more local CC/GP or poker run on another weekend a month, etc. to get a couple events in a month. It would make event scheduling far more simple also.

Oh well...ramblings of an old guy

BTW,

I think it'd be great if the OMRA & NMA got together to create one big NW off-road racing series. Maybe get a title sponsor, and get some more people to show up and race!!!

HAHA I just remembered that me and a friend got into this argument once. I said "woods riding is like riding a quad, every one can do it."

If you think anybody can ride in the woods you should come out to one of my Thursday night rides. We have had many guys come out with big mouths only to go back to the truck half way through with their tale between there legs!!!

?

i rode a couple a long time ago had fun but didn't like trying to pass on the single track trails.if some one cought me i would let them by.i figurd they were going to

fast or i was way slow.followed some guy for a half mile[maby.25] passed him and

kind of hit his handle bar on the way by.didn't hurt or take eather[sp] of us out.

wound up getting third but never went back. don't have any riding buds to go with

any way so just trail ride now[boohoo eh]. p melon

yamahacrazy_310......please go back to school and learn proper grammar and spelling. As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter what you ride or where. Remember, you started it.

Dude you must be mentally retarded, or 12 years old, or both.
yamahacrazy_310......please go back to school and learn proper grammar and spelling. As long as you are having fun, it doesn't matter what you ride or where. Remember, you started it.

Why do you guys have to bash? I'm just having fun. But you guys are taking it way to hard. Do you guys love woods that much? Or are you guys scared of the track? Or that someone will make fun of you guys cause you suck on a track? And when you make fun of someones grammar on here you don't have a good come back. So before you make some lame ass comment about someones grammar just try to come up with a good comeback. And if you think you are good on a track you name the place and I will try to come down and show you whats up. Peace.

Saying that woods/enduros/off road sucks 12 times during an enduro thread and saying that off road riders cannot handle MX does little to enhance the TT experience. Many off roader's (GP/Worcs riders specifically) race many partial MX tracks. No jabs, personal attacks or anything leveled at you...just fact. If you are not into off road, post up "I don't ride enduros because I prefer the challenge of MX/SX" and be done.

Why do you guys have to bash? I'm just having fun. But you guys are taking it way to hard. Do you guys love woods that much? Or are you guys scared of the track? Or that someone will make fun of you guys cause you suck on a track? And when you make fun of someones grammar on here you don't have a good come back. So before you make some lame ass comment about someones grammar just try to come up with a good comeback. And if you think you are good on a track you name the place and I will try to come down and show you whats up. Peace.

I won't bash you but will invite you to try a real enduro. Seriously.....

It is one thing to be able to be fast on a moto track...after all, you only have so many laps. Now, try and be fast during an Enduro....the one up here in two weeks is 70-100 miles and you need to keep an average speed of 23 mph or so. This includes uphills, some open trails and a whole lotta single track (the new section is mostly 1st gear stuff).

So...try a real Enduro, and see how you do.

I won't bash you but will invite you to try a real enduro. Seriously.....

It is one thing to be able to be fast on a moto track...after all, you only have so many laps. Now, try and be fast during an Enduro....the one up here in two weeks is 70-100 miles and you need to keep an average speed of 23 mph or so. This includes uphills, some open trails and a whole lotta single track (the new section is mostly 1st gear stuff).

So...try a real Enduro, and see how you do.

You live in Minnesota. Thats a long drive to go riding. Hell I barley made it to Spokane to ride.