New to the site!

new to this site! i have an 05 400sm. i put the white bros slip on setup on the bike and hate it. i ordered a jet kit for it to maybe get more power from it. i know nothing about these bikes. i want to get more power out of the bike, my buddies ktm 640 walks away from it at all speeds. Any other mods i can do to unleash some hidden power?

Figure out how much power you want... then dig out the wallet.

For starters, the header pipe on the S is pathetically small... the slip on was not the best choice for increased power.

Just little fyi before you get the sticker shock.

FCR = nearly 500

Big Bore and stroker kit = 1000

Cams 300'ish

That ought to give you some ballparks for what it takes to get real HP out these.

The TT Store sells the kit which has everything you need to swap. Unfortunately, the last I knew they are on backorder.

Look at the top for a sticky that has 'popular DRZ parts in the store'... its a great way to rack up the credit card.

I've been browsing this site for a while, even made a few posts so I may be out of line here but....

Why does everyone sound surprised that a stock 400 cc motorcycle gets walked away from by a stock 640cc motorcycle.....?

Note I said stock, not modified, I have a klx400 and I love that bike but I will never be surprised if a bike 150cc larger leaves in its wake.

Just rambling thanks......

My bro has the Husky TE510... its fast as heck and blows my DRZ away in ever facet of riding... EXCEPT comfort. The thing shakes like a pool full of jello with coeds wrestling in it. [you can't let it idle on the kickstand in the garage... it will literally 'walk' across the garage] The seat sucks. The thing is about 4 inches taller than my DRZ.

Not to mention you have to remove all the emissions and he still doesn't have it jetted quite right.

Everything is a trade off... for me the comfort alone is worth having to dump a couple of grand into my DRZ to make it run better.