Evansville vs Irish Valley

last time i was at evansville was about 2 years ago, but its a VERY fun track. its basicly on the side of a hill with some VERY fun jumps. i dont know if they still have the double down the big hill, but that was ALOT of fun. Irish valley kind of sucks jump wise but is still a fun terrain track. I think evansville grooms the track a little more often also. also you have Rausch creek which is near irish valley. from what i hear it is better then both evansville and irish valley.

last time i was at evansville was about 2 years ago, but its a VERY fun track. its basicly on the side of a hill with some VERY fun jumps. i dont know if they still have the double down the big hill, but that was ALOT of fun. Irish valley kind of sucks jump wise but is still a fun terrain track. I think evansville grooms the track a little more often also. also you have Rausch creek which is near irish valley. from what i hear it is better then both evansville and irish valley.

Well I will agree with most of whats above.Few things though.

1.You cant hit the downhill double at Evansville anymore.

2.Dont waste your time going to rausch.Its $50 there or $65 your first time and its not worth your time.I have a membership there and donw even bother going anymore.

not a huge fan of rausch either....good to trail ride or take some people that are learning, but not great for moto IMO - too hard, rocky and ungroomed, not to mention expensive.

need to get up to evansville soon.

I have been to both of these tracks within the past month so here is my .02c

Evansville is a nice "old school" outdoor track with great elevation changes and no jumps. There is one table top on the bottom and one double...thats is. It doesn't seem like they ever groom it...it was extremely rocky. I haven't seen rocks like that since Jack Frost. They also have a SX track as well. It also needs a little grooming TLC but there are a few nice jumps on it.

Irish Valley was one of my favorite places to ride until recently. They have made great changes to the big MX track. Nice elevation changes, several decent doubles(4-5), a huge uphill double (60-70 ft), whoops and a few table tops. The dirt there is really good and they add wood chips when wet. The only problem that I have with IV recently is the amount of quads and they are allowed on the MX track. My friends were there Sunday and they said that the MX track was un-ridable. The quads had destroyed every corner. There is a Intermediate track which always has quads on it as well. the SX track is OK, a little small but a few decent jumps.

If you get lucky and no quads show up IV is a better track. If you just want to haul around and outdoor track with no jumps Evansville is the place for you.

I would have to say Evansville.

Irish Valley wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. The track watering leaves something to be desired, the way the jumps are built just beat the crap out of you and your bike and too many quads there blowing out all the lines. Just a bit of tweaking and Irish would be a kick ass place! I liked the sections on the hills and the whoops/double section on top is a nice rhythm section. I just didn't care for the mud hole after watering or the 3 feet of water puddled in the berms at the bottom of the hill.

Evansville doesn't have much in the way of obstacles, but the natural layout is fun to ride and the track comes around pretty quickly after being watered. If they should ever open up the expanded loop on top of the hill, the track won't be all that bad.

I liked Irish valley WAY better than evansville. The SX on eville is too small, the mx track has not enough jumps.

IVMX is the best one I've tried so far (Forget about E-town, packeddddd).

I liked the PRO SX/MX Tracks the best. Didn't care for the one downhill right hander on the mx track.

i would say irish valley i go there all the time. all my friends say iv is better and eville is ok. irish valley would really like to ban the quads but the only problem is when they did last year they lost half the people. if everyone hear starts to say something i bet they will ban them again. i was there on sunday and yes it was out of hand. i thoguht i was at rausch with the dust. and if you see on iv web site you can now ride on wednesday and no quads

mxhuggy where in NJ are you located.. I'm in washington twp like 15 mins away from philly.. I've been wanted to take a trip up to irish valley.. how far of a trip is it for you to get there??

I am in Morris County at the intersections of 80 and 287. It takes me 2.5 hours to get to IV. Why aren't you Philly/South NJ guys looking at Bluediamond. It takes me 2 hours to get there and the tracks are much better.

My membership expired at blue diamond.. I love it there.. My big thing is i like to try new places and mix it up a bit.. I ride all over really. I want to try a lot of tracks out in PA just havent had the chance yet

Isnt Rocket raceway out in PA?? I see guys on here like that place.

yea it is.. I've heard its about 4 hrs away.. i dont mind the ride but being 17 i cant just drive myself to sign in i need to be 18 or get a paper notorized and go with someone over 18. I usually ride myself so its hard to get out to them places. 1 more month and ill be good to go

quit crying about the quads. I was looking to check out IV myself and glad you guys discussed it here. LET'S HOPE THEY DON'T BAN THE QUADS. Went to RC once earlier this Spring and I thought the place sucked.

quit crying about the quads. I was looking to check out IV myself and glad you guys discussed it here. LET'S HOPE THEY DON'T BAN THE QUADS. Went to RC once earlier this Spring and I thought the place sucked.

lets hope they do ban the quads. they are the ones that will get the place shut down becasue of dust