ignition cover!

hey everyone. i've been off the forums for a long time now because of work. i need to replace my ignition side cover! the whole casing is cracked, and i bonded the seam, but it leaks very slowly. no threat to the engine or anyhting, but it leaks on the driveway ? so does anyone know where i can find a left side engine cover? i checked all the major websites, and i'd rather not pay an arm and a leg thru the stealership. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cody

If it were me and I couldn't find a used one and couldn't afford a new one,I'd put the bike up for a few days and do a more in-depth repair.

You could remove the cover and clean it really well with acetone.Inspect the crack carefully and stop drill each end.Sand all the paint off a large area around the area to be repaired and clean well.Do not touch the area with your fingers so as to contaminate the repair.Get some JB Weld or Devcon epoxy type resin and apply it over the cracked area and apply a sheet of clear polyethylene over it.Squeegee the air bubbles out from underneath the poly and let it set up for a day or two until it fully cures.Pull off the poly sheet and feather sand the sharp edges and wipe clean.Try to do the repair on a flat surface so the resin stays put over the crack.Reinstall it back on the bike and check for leaks.

You could go a step further and cover it with a CFC Case Shield like the ones sold at the TT Store and a little RTV silicone sealant after the repair is done so it won't look unsightly.