Sign in to follow this  

Dual Sport Riders Richmond, VA

Get in touch with some of these guys. They are a good group and put on an excellent dual sport event every year.

http://www.nvtr.org/

As you mention, grreatdog, the Northern Virginia Trail Riders (NVTR) hold the "Shenandoah 500" dualsport ride every October.

NVTR also builds and maintains trails in the Tasker's Gap OHV Area of George Washington National Forest, near Edinburg, VA. Other local riding areas are listed in the "Links" section of the NVTR website, referenced in grreatdog's quote above.

Are the NVTR hosting any dual sport rides this year? I don't see anything on their website schedule. Did I miss something? :thumbsup:

thanks!

I couldn't find anything on thier(NVTR) website either...but I did find a listing on the ama-cycle.org/AMA Suzuki National Dual Sport Trail Ride Series events:

October 7-8

Mt. Solon, VA

Northern Virginia Trail Riders

Rob Kirkpatrick

PO Box 2139

Merrifield, VA 22116

dualsport@nvtr.org

www.nvtr.org

I believe that is the Shenandoah 500....

MikeH

I couldn't find anything on thier(NVTR) website either...but I did find a listing on the ama-cycle.org/AMA Suzuki National Dual Sport Trail Ride Series events:

October 7-8

Mt. Solon, VA

Northern Virginia Trail Riders

Rob Kirkpatrick

PO Box 2139

Merrifield, VA 22116

dualsport@nvtr.org

www.nvtr.org

I believe that is the Shenandoah 500....

MikeH

Yes, that's the Shenandoah 500. As far as I know, the listing you post is correct, michhub; however, the info hasn't yet been posted on the NVTR website.

Stay tuned!

Yep, it's always the first weekend in October. Keep an eye on the site...if you want to go, fill out and send in the entry form as soon as it available. We only have room for about 250 riders and it fills up quick.

Might even be a good idea to print out the old entry form and send it in now.

It is by far one of the best DS rides you'll ever go on. The area, trails, camping, and all the people involved are awesome. You wont be dissapointed.

What he said. It is a true DS event. If you are looking for all trails, this is not the ride for you. But if you want curvy mountain asphalt, even curvier gravel logging roads, fun two track and a bit of challenging single track all in one ride, this one is hard to beat.

I just wish they would swap the Saturday and Sunday rides. The Sunday ride always has better trails and I always have to bail early to get home. And we need two BBQ lunches at the fire department. The school lunch gives me bad flashbacks.

Dress for offroad rather than casual dual sport though. Getting roosted and/or falling on very rocky trails and gravel roads calls for real protection. I managed a face plant on asphalt in a biblical downpour one year and was very glad to be dressed for the crash. I also took a rock to the chest that had me looking for an AED to restart my heart last time.

The school lunch gives me bad flashbacks.

i choked on my soda when i misread that as:

"The school lunch gives me bad flashbutt"

That too. The Shenandoah 500 is one ride where having TP in your tool kit ain't a bad idea. Pigging down a bunch of BBQ with 75 miles of riding still ahead of you can be a little worrisome. And you sure don't want to depend on the campground porcelain convenience after 200 guys stuffed full of greasy BBQ have had their way with it.

Here's a link to details of the Shenandoah 500 Suzuki National Dual Sport, scheduled for October 7-8, 2006:

http://www.nvtr.org/content/view/50/54/

This event's usually a "sell-out" (last year's rider limit was reached by September 14); interested riders might well submit their entry forms as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Wait too long, and the heart-breaking, "Sorry, no room at the inn!" return letter appears. :ride: