Roost protector question

How snug is this supposed to fit? I picked up a Fox R3 yesterday..youth medium...and feels loose where the back clips to the front. The small was way too short..but felt light a better fit. And the medium was long enought to cover in the front and the back...but feels rather loose..and imagine out riding it's going to be a little bouncy. I can lift it up and almost get it over my head without taking the buckles of..and I have it at the tightest setting. Before I go it and start replacing the side eleastics to tighten it up. I wanted some opinions on how snig it shoudl really be..

Thaks Ladies.

Yeah, I wore it yesterday, and it feels too loose...just kind of bangs into my back.and have a couple of bruises on my back where it was hitting my back bone.

I just need to tighten up the elastic then I should be good to go!

If you can lift it up past your ears it is not going to stay on durring a nasty spill. Also, it will have a tendency to do just want you said and smack you around. Along with bouncing up and hitting your helmet. Do you have the one with shoulder and upper arm guards. If so make sure the arm loops are tight enough to keep them on but not uncomfortable, then shorten up the side latches. I also found a littl room for my camle pack in the back is nice for those 40 mile loops at the scrambles.