Sign in to follow this  

First Time at Wayne National

My son and I are riding tomorrow for the first time at The Wayne National forest. HAs anyone ridden there (Monday Creek)? Any advice or anything to look out for. We only started riding seriously last year.

I just rode there on July 10th, Monday Creek. My brother-in-law and I both ride CRF230F's. They worked like a trail bike should. We rode the blue trail and the red trail (main corridor), It took us about 5 hours total to do it all. There are some tight spots and most of the trails are uphill and downhill and rocky at times. I put my bike down three times. The trails are marked, and you get a map with the routes when you register to ride...it's $5 a day or $25 dollars a year. I had a good time. You should have fun. There was even a small kid there on a CR50. Just look out for other riders. We went on a Monday thinking we would be the only one's there. Wrong. A bunch of quad riders, too. -Al

Look out for quads, they don't look for you. Be especially careful cresting hills or around the turns. Maybe move this to the Ohio section, you'll get more response.