I need a push in the right direction!

OK here's the deal. I'm selling my 05 rm-z250. It's been a great bike, love it! BUT...Gonna make the transition back to the two stroke. She's alittle too expensive to maintain. Uh oh big issue... what colour... 125 or 250. ahhhh here we go. I know you guys are probably sick and tired of hearing this, and im really sorry... but i just can't decide. I weigh 160lbs, 6' tall (still getting heavier) I want to keep this bike for around 2-3 years, so i want to be really happy with my decision. I may race abit here and there but other than that, i just ride tracks on weekends and sometimes during the week. Aparently the ktm 125sx is a rocket, but i've heard about some reliability issues, and also the yamaha seems like a pretty solid package. I don't want to make the mistake of buying a bike with power that i'll be bored with, in just afew months. But i absolutly love the fact that it will be super light and nimble :ride: I just think that coming off of the 250f i'll be looking for more power thats not really there. (this is where u help me ? lol) ummm ok moving on. Is the 250 going to have too much snap for me? I'm still fairly light right now, and i don't want to ride a bike that is clearly too fast for me. The only 250 i've ridden is a 98 cr250. I felt fine on it, but it was a 98 and im not sure how it stacked up to the newer ones. I'm open to any 2004-5 250 2-stroke really. Don't know too much about them. However there is an 05 yz250 for a good deal in my area. But there's also afew nice looking 05 ktm 125sx's. Really confused guys. Sorry for making you read another post about some kid not knowing what bike to get. I need some direction! ?

-thanks guys

I hear that the '98 CR250 had one of the most potent CR250 engines ever designed. I recently got a 250 smoker, coming off of a 125 smoker. It seems to me like the 250 builds power smoother; the 125 seems to throw all it's power at you at once. A hard hitting powerband, whereas the 250's is a little smoother, but you can definitly feel it. It's got the bottom end that my 125 was lacking. I say go for a 250. I'm about your size (6', 170 lbs.) and I can handle my 250 fine.

going from a 250 valve thrower to a 125 2 smoke is a real transition.

You will have no bottom end, and to move to a 125, you will have to be screaming it all the time. Don't get me wrong, they ARE fun to ride, but I would not race one.

The 250 2 stroke will be your best bet, IMHO.

An RM or YZ are my choices.

I don't think you should even consider the 125. Two strokes get smoother with more displacement. My 300 is very easy to ride.

I would go with the 05 YZ250 near you. If it's a good price you can't go wrong with that.

alright thanks alot guys! I'm definatly going to go out and get myself a 250.

hmmm an 05 rm just showed up though so I'm gonna go check out and the yz... so well see what happens!

thanks again! ?