A shot in the dark for a running buddy

Any female thumpettes in Ventura County area that would like to start running? Or does anyone know anyone who is looking for a running partner. I would like to train for a 5k down the road!

Thanks ?

Brenda, Ride On :ride:

Thanks Ladies,

Thanks for the reply! I have signed on to a few exercise sites and everyone is in the wrong area! Or maybe I am in the wrong area :ride:

Good Luck to you both on training for your runs! ?

Brenda ?

Try www.outdoorsclub.org, they do hikes, runs, climbs, etc all over southern california... I met some great active people through there! ?

One caution: that board does have a few serious 'Sierra Club' types on it, but I never ran into any serious opposition to responsible dirt bike riding... they even have yearly trips to Pismo Beach where they rent ATVs for the weekend warriors (I actually shocked the hell out of 'em by bringing a bike! ? ) so it all depends on who you meet! :ride:

Try www.outdoorsclub.org, they do hikes, runs, climbs, etc all over southern california... I met some great active people through there! ?

One caution: that board does have a few serious 'Sierra Club' types on it, but I never ran into any serious opposition to responsible dirt bike riding... they even have yearly trips to Pismo Beach where they rent ATVs for the weekend warriors (I actually shocked the hell out of 'em by bringing a bike! :applause: ) so it all depends on who you meet! :ride:

I will have to check that website out. I did join exercisefriends.com but so far no interest in running. I actually talked two friends that I hike with to start running, it's a start. Thanks for all the responses.

L2F: I read that you might be coming back to Cali. I guess another go at a Kennedy Meadows trip!

Brenda :applause:

Went to Kennedy meadows this weekend. WOW!!!! Had never been there, loved it! Going to hone my skills and go back to tackle more of those trails. Went with the CRF's group, they are a fun bunch of people. Still laughing. Would love to see more women in the group since I was the only female rider.

I ride a CRF how come I wasn't invited! :ride: If you haven't been riding long that is quite a place to be honing your skills!

What is the CRF group?

Brenda ?

In 2004, one of the gals organized a trip to Kennedy Meadows in an effort for us gals to be able to ride together. We did bring our men (and kids). Unfortunately, there were a few casualties that trip. Hopefully, we can plan another that will have no casualties!

Here's the post - page 7 or 8 has pictures!

Thumpettes in KM