Sign in to follow this  

Jetting a TC 250

I just assembled my TC 250 from the crate today and my friend said I should get a jetting kit for it. Anyone out there have some input on what kit fits the 05 TC250 and where to purchase them?

You should ride the bike awhile first. Mine is running great so far right out of the crate. Instead spend your time and money sending in your suspension to Les at LTR or some one like him IMHO.

Leave it alone, it's fine as is.

If you put a quiet Muffler on it you may be on the rich side, stock it should be fine especially for break in.

Mine's running ok stock (I'm at about 2300'). A bit hard to start but that's it. I have a JD jet kit coming that I'm installing before I go riding up in Kennedy Meadows (7-10k). I'll let you know how it is up there and then when I rejet for riding here in the des.

So it appears that the Combo for the '05-'06 TC-TE 250 is (roughly)...

175 Main (Stock)

42 Pilot (Leaner, Stock is 50)

65-70 Leak Jet (More Leak, less pump shot)

OBDVP Yamaha Needle

Sound about right?????

Looks like Leaning out the Bottom is what helps it respond and cures the Hard Starting issue?

in my 2006 tc 250 i have a# 40 pj and a #168 mj.needle is stock in stock position.i have the quickshot,use about 50% race fuel and have the open muffler on it.runs like a theif in the night .starts pretty good except when i dump it.the starting after a crash i am working on.installed a bar mounted hot start and am putting in a scotts mix screw this week and having my forks revalved so i crash less!dan.

in my 2006 tc 250 i have a# 40 pj and a #168 mj.needle is stock in stock position.i have the quickshot,use about 50% race fuel and have the open muffler on it.runs like a theif in the night .starts pretty good except when i dump it.the starting after a crash i am working on.installed a bar mounted hot start and am putting in a scotts mix screw this week and having my forks revalved so i crash less!dan.

Dan

Try removing the quickshot and adding a leak jet in the #60 to #75 range.

Dave

Mine's running ok stock (I'm at about 2300'). A bit hard to start but that's it. I have a JD jet kit coming that I'm installing before I go riding up in Kennedy Meadows (7-10k). I'll let you know how it is up there and then when I rejet for riding here in the des.

I have a TE450, I ran the JD jetting for high altitude at Kennedy Meadows, ran prety good, I could have fiddled with the Fuel screw and made it better, but I left well enough alone. Dropped the needle 2 slots, the main 2 sizes to a 170.

So it appears that the Combo for the '05-'06 TC-TE 250 is (roughly)...

175 Main (Stock)

42 Pilot (Leaner, Stock is 50)

65-70 Leak Jet (More Leak, less pump shot)

OBDVP Yamaha Needle

Sound about right?????

Looks like Leaning out the Bottom is what helps it respond and cures the Hard Starting issue?

On My TE450, the same thing appears to solve the problem, leaner pilot and Yami needle.