Skid Plate

Can anyone suggest a good, not overly expensive, skidplate as well as an X-ring chain? I was looking at the Primary Drive 520 ORH Gold X-ring for $55 at Rocky Mt.? The skid plate i found only 2 there, one was a Works Connect and the other was a Utah Sport, i want whatevers the easiest to put on. I don't know if you need to mod anything or the bolts line up. Never done one.

I've bought 3 Works Connection skid plates for different bikes and all bolted on with no problems or modifications. ? Can't speak to to your chain request

Sounds good, that one looked like the cleanest fitting to me. After doing some browsing i think i'm going to go with the Primary Drive Alloy sprocket kit with the gold x-ring chain. How easey is it to change the sprockets? Simple bolt ones? I've never done this type of work on a bike some i'm a little green.

Also for chain replacement what do i need? Chain breaker? and what else?

Sounds good, that one looked like the cleanest fitting to me. After doing some browsing i think i'm going to go with the Primary Drive Alloy sprocket kit with the gold x-ring chain. How easey is it to change the sprockets? Simple bolt ones? I've never done this type of work on a bike some i'm a little green.

Also for chain replacement what do i need? Chain breaker? and what else?

Sprockets just bolt on. One tip is to break the bolt holding the counter shaft sprocket while the old chain is still on and do it with the bike in gear. Between the chain and the engine compression, the two should help hold the sprocket from spinning while trying to break the bolt loose. If you're replacing the original chain, a chain breaker makes things MUCH simpler. You can do without a breaker but its a PIA. New chains typically come with a master link that can be installed by hand and use a pair of pliers to snap on the retaining clip. You may have to remove a link or two to make the chain fit your bike and the chain breaker will come in handy there also. Again, I've never dealt with an x-ring chain yet and don't know if there are any special things to watch out for with them.