Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

death wings(dirt wings) anyone want to get ride of them

Recommended Posts

if anyone have ditch the dirt wings and want ride of them let me know..ill pay shipping.....low mile take offs

thanks

nathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:thumbsup: What have you been SMOKING ? :ride:

Sweet... another deathwings suck you must be a retard for using them thread... and the last one just ended like yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have nothing to campare the trailwings to since all my other bikes have been street bikes. I like the fact that having the trailwings keeps me going a little slower in the dirt. I can still have excitement a low speeds :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think there would be 100's of sets up for grabs, just going by what some say about them. Makes me think the tires aren't as bad as some say. I bought

a set of new take offs for 25.00 off ebay and will install soon as I get the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are great street tires...

I took mine off at 4k but I'm gonna hang onto them in case I ruin one of the c858's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Makes me think the tires aren't as bad as some say.

Just make darn sure you know their limitations. I have been backing up the TW's recently for those people who spend 95% on the pavement and the other 5% going down a dirt road... I would NOT however want them to be my dirt tire of choice. Do not get them in mud, sand or wet grass or you will probably, like so many others around here, find yourself laying on your side wondering what the heck happened.

They are a great long wearing street tire... they can get you down a dirt road if you use caution... anything above and beyond that and you are starting to roll the dice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DRZ"S" is a Dual sport you know. I gently run the T/W off road and haven't wrecked yet. I have tipped over a couple of times, bent my handlebars, broke my blinkers. These DRZ' are so tall! I'm looking for my third set. I went 6k+ on my first set, 5k+ currently on my second set which I bought used for 35$. And yes, I'm looking for my third set because the 5k+ ones are ready to be changed. Yes, I drive gently off-road because I can't afford to break my bike or myself. Having said that, if you want to run hard off-road, don't use the T/W unless you like pain, broken bike pieces, and disappointment. Even going easy, I've has some scarey moments :thumbsup:

I'll pay a fair price and shipping if you want to unload you T/W's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a pair with 604 miles on them that I will let go for the cost of shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul,

Let me know the cost of shipping to 45140 if you can and I`ll probably take them...

Scott :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode with my friend Daveinhawaii 2 weeks ago on some very difficult trails - and he kicked butt on deathwings ... I was shocked. He got stopped by the mud every time, but everywhere else he rode everything I did (MT21/Terror-flex). He's going to replace the tires asap, but they still did way better than I thought they would. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the TW s are not great off raod but are a good street tire .I bought my DRZ in March and being from a dirt background I thought I would do the carb. mods and change the tires .No way now.I ride 27 miles to work EVERYDAY 6-7 days a week and now have 5300 miles on the bike.With gas around $3.00 a gal I have just come to the conclusion that this bike is TRANSPORTATION and saves gas , so I dont want to do anything to use more gas .I love my bike and think the DRZ is as low maintenance as they come. As far as the Deathwings ,yes you MUST be careful off road but if you put a lot of miles on a bike they are great . :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a set with 1500 miles on them. You can have them for the shipping. My wife is going to Steubenville on Saturday if that helps. PM me if your interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone else has any rear "deathwings" id pay shipping (plus a little extra). I have paypal. I think they are a great tire if you do all road riding. i take my time in the trails, i have a kx250 when i wanna go fast in the woods.

please PM me if you have any rear tires that are in good condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just make darn sure you know their limitations. I have been backing up the TW's recently for those people who spend 95% on the pavement and the other 5% going down a dirt road... I would NOT however want them to be my dirt tire of choice. Do not get them in mud, sand or wet grass or you will probably, like so many others around here, find yourself laying on your side wondering what the heck happened.

They are a great long wearing street tire... they can get you down a dirt road if you use caution... anything above and beyond that and you are starting to roll the dice.

Hating the DeathWings now too?

I'll give you mine for $25 plus shiopping as soon as I get my knobbies on.

End of summer. have 850 mi on them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey paul if you still have them both let me know what shipping would be yo chillicothe, oh 45601 thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×