Sign in to follow this  

Oil for 05 TC250 what manual says/what sticker says

Hmmm...manual says 10-60 and the sticker under the seat says 5-40......what's up with that?

Doe everyone elses sticker say the same?

Makes you wonder... I just decided to go with Mobil1 extended performance 15W50 full synthetic (the car stuff) in my 2004 TE250. It's available at any auto parts store, is premium quality, and does not have the energy star logo (only trace ammounts of moly) - so I'm not worried about the clutch. It's also about $6.00/quart. :thumbsup: I'm not racing, just trail riding, so I'm not worried about not using xW-60 weight. I've used this oil in dirtbikes with great results. There's my $0.02

I can suscribe that, the Mobil1 works well in a dirtbike, I had it in my VOR 503 without any problems and in steep trial "paths" :thumbsup: with a lot of clutch abuse no problems.

It is a bout 5 times cheaper then a similar graded full syntehtic "motorcycle" oil.

My question isn't what brand oil to use etc...It's does the sticker under your seat say 5-40 and the manual 10-60...

Yes- my post was intended to say 15W-50 is a happy medium between the suggested grades... and Mobil1 is a good option for that viscosity.

Yes- my post was intended to say 15W-50 is a happy medium between the suggested grades... and Mobil1 is a good option for that viscosity.

Gotcha.

I posed this question to the GM of Husky USA and this is what he replied.

Really 10 - 50 is the ideal motor oil weight, but 20 -50 is fine, in

colder climates 10 - 40 is OK. Just be sure to use a quality name brand

MOTORCYCLE oil.

Good luck. Good riding.

Rob Keith

General Manager

Husqvarna USA