Sign in to follow this  

Is The Fmf Powercore4 To Loud?

It is no where near 96db if that is what you are after.

There is a quiet core available to get the db's down though.

It's REAL loud. I had one on my '02 YZ250F when I purchased it, and it had a heck of a bark. Made good power though. I called the folks at FMF to see if the quiet insert would lower it to 96db. They laughed and said "No way". It does make it quieter, but more like 98-100db. I replaced it with an FMF Q and it's much more pleasant now. Not near as much low end as the Powercore 4, but just as much top end.

I had one and checked it's db level to be at 102db idle, 112 and higher when revved - it gave me a headache riding with it, so I got rid of it. :thumbsup:

what if i got a powerbomb header with it? thats what i was going to do anyway.

That is the exact combo I was running when I did the measurements - too loud! You'll be deaf after a while... :thumbsup:

Click here.

Ya, do you have any neighbors where you ride? My friend had that pipe and I couldn't stand when he was riding up and down the road. I guess the pipe would be ok if you were all alone and didn't mind the noise yourself.

i have it and dont mind the noise..but would rather have something quiter...the only thing that i like about it being loud is when i ride up on a group of bike in trails they know im there and most pull over to let me pass...

That is the exact combo I was running when I did the measurements - too loud! You'll be deaf after a while... :thumbsup:

Click here.

what were you running with the stocker? it looks so wierd with the turn down pipe part!

what were you running with the stocker? it looks so wierd with the turn down pipe part!

That end piece was called the Vortip, it uncorks the stock WR silencer and helped with the noise - it worked very well but they don't make them anymore.