Sign in to follow this  

Thoe Core Gear

I have saved up a reasonable sum of money to use to purchase upgrades for my bike and my gear. I was thinking of optin for the army green 06 thor core combo, to all of u people that use it can u give me any feednbck on them?, and that means honest feedback as well. DeViLdRiVeR.

I have the red/black core gear. It is very comfortable and breathes rather well; even though it is mainly black it really doesn't get that hot. The green looks really cool too. Hope this helps.

I think Thor makes some really good quality gear for the price. Even the Phase stuff seems to be really good. I had 04 Core gear that I wore for a coupel fo years, and jsut switched to 06 Phase stuff this year. Both held up really well. I just wanted to switch colors, and like what the Phase line offered more than the Core. As far as differences between the Phase and Core, other than colors and patterns, I don't see that much. Not enough to offset the cost difference anyway. It's ALL good.

i have 03 core gear and im ordering new stuff this year...thor core gear is really comfortable breathes really well...well worth the money

I used to have Thore Core gear, now I have fox 360. I really don't have any problem with the 360 other than it is SOOOOOO hot!!! It doesn't breathe what so friggin ever. I feel like I'm suffocating my "boys" when I wear the stuff, especially right now in the heat of summer. I'll probably go back to the vented Core for my next gear. Core is the most well constructed gear I've ever had. Oh, the Phase gear is fine except it doesn't have a heat shield on the inner thigh so it can get a little melty on the 4-strokes and there isn't as much material to hold it together, but it will take just as many falls as the majority of higher end Shift or Fox gear.

I like my core gear. I always buy stuff on closeout, though. I can't see paying $200+ for a pair of pants and a jersey. I don't know about you, but I wear knee braces and grip with my knees a lot. So, with only one pair of pants, I wear pretty good holes in them (and my graphics) in a couple of months. I think it's deffinitely worth getting core over phase, just because of the leather on the inside of the knees.

i have the 05 core stuff... its fine but the buckle on the pants broke or something in a crash so I have to use safety wire on the buckle each time to keep them shut :thumbsup:

i have the 05 core stuff... its fine but the buckle on the pants broke or something in a crash so I have to use safety wire on the buckle each time to keep them shut :thumbsup:

LOL get new pants

I have only purchased Fox, No Fear, but man i really like the Thor 06 gear. Maybe i will get some for myself. It looks really well made and fashionable. Thats important ya know. :thumbsup:

I have last years core gear and it is bulky feeling and heavy...So now I bought a shit load of Alloy stuff cause it was cheap...It is very lgihtweight and fits good...I like it a lot more...Pretty good quality too

I love my core gear, last year I had the black/gum and wore that stuff every time I went out riding from March to November and held up great. This year I got the red/maroon and it shows little wear, but I haven't used it as much as my other stuff.

tjanks everyone, i actually have 06 phase gear but i have grown out of it, i dont really like the look of the 07 gear, i think it looks alot like the static gear of this year. DeViLdRiVeR.

yeeah i dont like the 07 core gear either. the thor things are small and this years core was SO much better. i have the hematoma 06 core gear and its AMAZING haha. i get new gear every year for my birthday, and i think im gonna either get the 06 thor core gear in blue and white, the 06 phase gear or the 06 AC gear

yea the phase gear kinda looks old to me. idk. i guess i would get the 07 core gear in that wonka color..its different. i really like the blue and brown together honestly.

ive had both thor and fox and i like the fox so much better