Sign in to follow this  

Helmet cam footage of my track that OTC built.

Months ago I posted my plight to build my own track:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360869

and my subsequent decision to have On Track Creations build it for me:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368606

Here is some helmet cam footage that I shot recently. I haven't fancied it up yet because I want to point the camera up a few degrees for more footage.

Warning: it's about 60 meg so you'll want to right click the link below and "save target as" or definately hit pause on your player until it loads completely so it's not jerky. My brother (43 yrs old) is on the Honda CRF250X in front of me and my son (12 yrs old) is on the Yamaha YZ85.

http://68.250.121.19/moto.mpg

Wow, very cool. I just read your original post last night. Glad to see it all came together the way you wanted it to.

Great footage also.

Congrats!!!

Suds

Thats cool did the tough blocks come with it? LOL and that track looks fun, but theres no berms....thats weird, but it looks awesome. Hope u have fun on it.

No the tough blocks are actually bales of straw with bale covers that I bought.

A few of the turns have burms - there are two 90 degree berms and one 180 degree.

hey what part of indiana are you from? I used to live in valparaiso and my g/f lives in Indianapolis. I used to race district 15 and used to ride leasure time a lot.

That's cool, I talked to the guy (I think Jesse?) at OTC about a year ago to ask about gettting a track built. I haven't read your other post, but he gave me an awesome price. Actually, when I read through the first page of your first post (wasted money) I was going to recommend him to you. Unfortunately my parents went back on the commitment, and I wasn't able to get it built.

How nice is that! Those guys did a great job for ya! Your son looked pretty fast, oh, and you were just staying behind him to catch footage right? :ride: Just kidding, you guys all looked good to me. What kind of acrage did it take to complete? I talked to the guys at Dirtwerkz befor about designing a track for me. The people you chose did a realy nice job. :thumbsup:

How nice is that! Those guys did a great job for ya! Your son looked pretty fast, oh, and you were just staying behind him to catch footage right? :cry: Just kidding, you guys all looked good to me. What kind of acrage did it take to complete? I talked to the guys at Dirtwerkz befor about designing a track for me. The people you chose did a realy nice job. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Yeah, OTC really did a great job. Until they finished the track in April, my son had never cleared ANY gap jump whatsoever. His riding has improved dramatically since - mine too! We're still not that good - we each raced our first motoX race a couple weeks ago - my son finished 12th out of 14 and I finished second to last!!! LOL - it's all good though! :ride:

That sure is a nice track. Whos the little one riding on the sides?

That sure is a nice track. Whos the little one riding on the sides?

There's usually a few:

My nephew who is 8 on a KTM 50

nephew (6) on a Honda XR50

Niece (13) on a Honda XR70

Daughter (5) on a Honda XR50

The one in the video is my niece. She pretty much stays out of the way!

We're still not that good - we each raced our first motoX race a couple weeks ago - my son finished 12th out of 14 and I finished second to last!!! LOL - it's all good though! :thumbsup:

Hey, nobody is born good, and its great that your giving it your all. You'll be getting real good in no time. But still, its all about fun no matter how good or bad you may be! :ride::cry:

Sweeeet track. Looks nicer then a lot of the tracks up here. Where did you guys race at? Reads Racing is a great place to get started (readsracing.com)

Awesome private track. You are so lucky!! You guys look like you're doin just fine. Where in Indiana are you? I'd pay good money to ride there. Hint, Hint. Any room for a 39 year old slow guy? :thumbsup:

omg, i hate you, the only time i would leave my back yard would be to go get more gas

that track is friking awesome, how big are most of the doubles, its hard for me to judge on my comp.

dunefanatic had a great idea. are looking to adopt a 34 year old? i'm almost potti trained. good for you and your family. have a great time.