Sign in to follow this  

just got a gpx, is the big bore kit worth the doe?

i just got a gpx 125 mtor 4 speed. im not sure if its 1 down 3 up, i hope it is but im not sure. anyways, i was wondering iof the big bore kit for it is worth it. i think its 299 and its only to 131 cc. is it worth it, will i be able to ell the difference. or should i buy a carb a crower cam, would that be more notciable. :thumbsup:

The 131hc is worth it to me. The engine has a lot more pep now. I am sure a cam and bigger carb will really wake it up. I bought the piston and gaskets from dratv fro $100 and paid $50 to get the cylinder bored out. Pretty cheap for a motor that revs up faster and picks the front tire up in third w/ a +4 arm and 190lbs.

Dont forget the finly sprocket but use a gunther wrench to remove it.

"Finly?" "Gunther?" :thumbsup:

where can i take it to get bored out, i thought about this before i even posted the question, but where can i get it bored out.theres no real car shops around here that i think would do that, theres only a jiffy lube and goodyear and mr. tire.but when i think about mechanic shop, i cant think of anything. can the stock cylinder be bored out to a 56 mm and i could set it up with that. or do you think that would hbe to much and id blow the engine? any help would be great.

where can i take it to get bored out, i thought about this before i even posted the question, but where can i get it bored out.theres no real car shops around here that i think would do that, theres only a jiffy lube and goodyear and mr. tire.but when i think about mechanic shop, i cant think of anything. can the stock cylinder be bored out to a 56 mm and i could set it up with that. or do you think that would hbe to much and id blow the engine? any help would be great.

A local Motorcycle shop should be able to bore it. And no the stock cylinder will not bore to 56mm...54mm only. A 120cc lifan cylinder will bore to 56mm and bolts right on to your GPX motor...

Heres what to do to your Stock GPX to make it get up and Rip.

131cc kit

24mm Kehlin carb

Rev Box or Inner rotor kit

Lighten the flywheel 6oz to 8oz

Lighten oil sling same amount as Flywheel

Being that boring and or strocking can get you quick horsepower I think its worth it. You can do allot of other expensive mods and not get the results of a larger bore motor

Get a hold of Kendal (407) 619-9191) at Cat5Motorsports (http://www.cat5motorsports.com/index.html). They can build the motor for you and they do top notch work.