top speed 89 KX 500

13T/47T FMF pipe, stock jets. What do you think itll do? Ive also gotten offers to drag a banshee at about 380cc (just for fun).

They will pull about 85 mph bone stock. Simply altering gearing can push top speeds over 100 mph. Just goes to show how much sick power the KX500's have.

you will really beat the banshee badly.

I already have. I raced my buddies highly modded banshee and we hung pretty close until 3 rd gear. Once I was putting down good traction, I went right by him in a power wheelie....... he was not happy. The bikes that are tough for me to pass are the new hybred 450cc MX 4 stroke bikes. They beat me out of the hole, and its tough to pass them.

are the new 450s faster than a two stroke 500? what about in the sand?

Thats a difficult question to answer. The new 450 four strokes have less hp. My KX500 has 59 hp bone stock, a 450 four stroke has about 48 hp. Four strokes are FAR more "efficient" at putting traction down into the dirt than 2 strokes. In sand, I get killed in acceleration, simply because of my KX500 having too much power and wheelspin. Traction being ideal, I can beat the four strokes no problem. It's difficuly to describe the differences until you have an opportunity to drive both, then it's clear why so many people favor the big cc four strokes..... (until the big cc four strokes need engine work $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

i have a 2000 kx 500(flywheel weight,fatty desert pipe, re jetted) 15-45 sprockets..100+mph...desry abbott used to run 15-43...if u have the balls, nothing will touch you

I had the same 15-45 my last KX500.

I never could find anywhere around here (southeast) where I could get it completely tapped out.

It would set the front fender to wobbling, pushed my goggle lens inward and tore the visor off my helmet. :ride:

But, man oh man, would it cover some real estate. ?

We used to call it "The Vacuum" since it would suck up anything out in the open. ?

I had a 2000 KX500, and with only a Pro Curcuit pipe/silencer and 15/45 sprockets it went 105 on GPS.

I can't imagine why anyone would put a 13t on the front. You must have to start in 3rd for a drag start. With the 15/45 I found that starting in 2nd was the ticket for drag racing.

It would flat out-run anything that came against it, including a big bore (550?) Banshee and a modded CR450F.

The races were usually over when the other rider had to shut off to avoid being killed by massive amounts of gravel/sand/mud/dirt roost.

Oh yeah the wierd gearing came because it was geared lower but I swapped the bigger spocket in back for the 47, I also have a 15 which is most likely going on the front before I run the banshee this weekend. The guys claiming 100hp with his new cylinders, its gonna be funny if he cant catch me.