Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to Minnesota

Fellow Minnesotans, I am returning to this state after leaving in 1984 when I joined the Navy.

I raced District 23 MX from 1978-1983. Then Dist 6 from 1990-1993. I rode an NESC track (I was a member) from 1994-1996.

I will be residing in Ramsey (next to Anoka) with my Sister's family, or helping my Mom in Brainerd until I land a real job.

I'll be hitting my 2 favorite spots: Bob's Cycle and Larson's Cycle in Cambridge ASAP!

Anyone want to share a cup of tea or beer and share ride stories... HOLLER!

I plan on attending the Zumbro / Milleville / Springcreek Pro on August 13.

MN Kevin

TT Moderator

Welcome back!!!

Just my opinion but I get frustrated with Bob's Cycle Supply and the other local shops. Common wear items seem to be in short supply there - or other common supplies like PJ1 Air Filter Foam Cleaner. :ride:

Larson's on the other hand is the place to go :thumbsup: You are also close to Dennis Kirk, in Rush City (35W).

The Holyoke Enduro is coming up August 5th and 6th along with the Theilman trail ride in early September.

Kevin! Welcome back to Minnesooota! I live in Elk River! Real close to Ramsey! I got an '06 WR450. Bob's Cycle is awesome! Went to Larson's the other day! Only Yammy dealer in the area with the part I needed. And Dennis Kirk is the best! If you ever need someone to ride with, let me know.

Kevin! Welcome back to Minnesooota! I live in Elk River! Real close to Ramsey! I got an '06 WR450. Bob's Cycle is awesome! Went to Larson's the other day! Only Yammy dealer in the area with the part I needed. And Dennis Kirk is the best! If you ever need someone to ride with, let me know.

Okey Dokey!!

PM'd you Shifty!

Welcome back!!

I to plan on hitting the pro nationals at Spring Creek if my schedule permits. :thumbsup: Everyone keep me posted if you are planning a ride! :ride:

I WOULD like to ride my 750 Honda there.

Parking is better, and maybe getting out of that funnel of an entrance would be easier...???

Thought you were trying to get away from the cold. Now you jump into a deep freeze Man you never cease to amaze me. Good luck Brah :thumbsup:

Bill

Bill,

W/ no job, and no income, free rent and food is always welcome.

I fix the cars, fix the computers, mow the lawn, etc to help out any way I can.

This is NOT for kicking back. I plan to search for jobs ANYWHERE, starting ASAP.

At least I can see my family. It beats sitting in this shathole apt by myself!

I have not been to MN in 2 years. Adam is coming with me. It has been 3 years for him. He will be returned to his egg donar before school starts.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399535

If you think you can scrape up the cash. Come on out in January for the SX. You'll need the break fro the snow. You fly out and pay for your SX ticket and I'll take care of the rest. Let me know soon, I'm getting ready to order tickets.

Bill

Bill,

Since I am trying to figure out how to NOT get my Altima repo'd, for now I must skip any spending... :thumbsup:

Welcome back!!!

Just my opinion but I get frustrated with Bob's Cycle Supply and the other local shops. Common wear items seem to be in short supply there - or other common supplies like PJ1 Air Filter Foam Cleaner. :ride:

Larson's on the other hand is the place to go :thumbsup: You are also close to Dennis Kirk, in Rush City (35W).

The Holyoke Enduro is coming up August 5th and 6th along with the Theilman trail ride in early September.

Bob's for gear, Larson's to buy a new bike, and DK for parts. :ride:

Bob's is lost after riding gear and accessories (although the check out girls are easy on the eyes) :ride:

Larson's parts dept has repeatedly proven themselves incompetent and frustratingly useless, and the service seems to be on the same level, but have the best prices on fresh bikes in the area.

DK's downside is when you want to try on a helmet or other gear you have to order half the warehouse and wait for them to bring it to the counter. But the selection is unbeatable, right there and fast. :cry:

I am up in Brainerd (Pillager really) off of 210 west out of B.

Any one know of any place to ride?

I will not race MX (i.e. Staples) with no health insurance. Just looking for a place to putz around on the CRF...

Some if you like quad trals.:thumbsup:

If you are asking about MX places then I have no idea.

If you want single track go to Akeley (right next to Walker on Leech Lake).

Here is the DNR State Map. Martineau (Paul Bunyon State Forest) is the name of the place right by Akeley.