Sign in to follow this  

Regulator bust, fork seal leaking!

Ive had my 2001e for just over a month and now its all going wrong :thumbsup:

the regulator has given up, I did a search but could find any info of geting another one. what is the concensus, get another Suzuki one of an aftermarket item? I looked in the TTshop but could only find one from Moose that was for non battery off road bikes.

Also my front right (looking as ur stradling your bike!) fork is leaking, it was activly driping at first. I havent been doing anything over exciting on it, so its not due to miss treeatment! What size fork seals do I need and should i change the dust seal at the same time? Where can I get them from? Again I checked the TT shop but couldnt find anything.

thanks all

:ride:

My rectifier/regulator gave up the ghost as well. Of course, I was asking it to do too much (100 watts headlight + 35 watts electric vest). I ended up grafting a LTD454 rectifier to the bike. It's has a higher current capacity, and a voltage sensing feedback circuit to better maintain a steady voltage. If you don't mind soldering some wires, almost any rectifier from late model bikes would work. Lastly don't forget the frame is a heat sink, tighten down the bolts on the rectifier to the frame to ensure good heat transfer.

mine wasnt under any excessive strain though, just a headlight and break light, I havent even got around to wiring the indicators on yet! :thumbsup:

How do you know the rectifier is bad? Moose products are Electrex (sp?) from England. You can buy from them direct. Yes most any rectifier/regulator for a permanent magnet alternator system will work.

Fork seals you buy from Suzuki. Yes replace the dust seals too.