which is the best piston....

JE here! I probably shouldn't say this on here because I know I'll get flamed for bike neglect, but I've got a JE high comp with way over 125 hours with re-ring at about every 50 hours along with a thorough cleaning (kind of a trial for the piston). The tolerances the last time I had it out were nearly factory spec and well within recommended tolerances. Granted I have a nice new shiny one for the next rebuild, I will send this one back to JE for examination with my full documentation/history on it.

JE has been doing pistons for high rpm motors for a long while and the weights between them and OEM are really close.

The only thing I do to a new JE is burnish some of the edges of the piston crown, directionally from intake to exhaust (for flow). It may not do anything to help it, but it makes me feel better and it doesn't hurt the piston, unless you get a coated one.

JE is doing some really cool stuff with coatings lately, although I havent used one for a bike yet.

Mine!

If your looking for high end Works level Piston I will have a limited amount of

"R" series available. Part # R804M07800

This is in the area of 13:6-13:8-1 as I havent seen two cylinder heads cc the same. Skirt coated with with a running clearance of .0015.

Stress releived Shot Peened underside of Piston. ( no one is doing this)

Ring and compresion height or compresion distance moved up with the dome moved down for maximum flow. Valve pockets have also been layed back for maximum flow.

CNC Brushed Dome to further add to Maximum Flow and Flame Travel. ( No one else is doing this also).

This will be the finest fit and finished piston custom or off the shelf you will find right now.

Also available as option is a TiN ring ( again no one else is offering this).

Only available directly from that W company.

Stock is the best. It will last longer and be easier on ur rings. Unless ur last name is carmichael, reed, or stewart u really don't need to worry about it. It does help ur performance but not enuf to make you that much faster. I have over 200 hours riding time on my 250 (04) and replaced the rings about a month ago. They looked like they could go a lot longer but I decided to change 'em out neway. I'll probably get flamed for this but u really don't need a new piston.

Stock is the best. It will last longer and be easier on ur rings. Unless ur last name is carmichael, reed, or stewart u really don't need to worry about it. It does help ur performance but not enuf to make you that much faster. I have over 200 hours riding time on my 250 (04) and replaced the rings about a month ago. They looked like they could go a lot longer but I decided to change 'em out neway. I'll probably get flamed for this but u really don't need a new piston.

Could you please elaborate on why and or how OE will last longer and be easier on the rings?

Could you please elaborate on why and or how OE will last longer and be easier on the rings?

well if honda wanted to, they could put in wiesco pistons stock on their bikes. They don't becuase after about 2 or 3 hundred hours of riding the wiseco pistons start to lose their touch. I'm no weekend warrior, i practice about every other day after school or work with a buddy. We are trying to make it to the top but i doubt we will, we waited to long to actually start riding. he bought a wiseco piston for his honda last year and its starting to lose its power that it once had. We ride for about 2 hours every other day and maintain our bikes really well. We change all oil and clean airfilters and everything else after before every race, which is about every 2 weeks. And probably every other month or two he has to replace his rings on his piston. I have looked at mine and only replaced them once since i got the bike brand new.

well if honda wanted to, they could put in wiesco pistons stock on their bikes. They don't becuase after about 2 or 3 hundred hours of riding the wiseco pistons start to lose their touch. I'm no weekend warrior, i practice about every other day after school or work with a buddy. We are trying to make it to the top but i doubt we will, we waited to long to actually start riding. he bought a wiseco piston for his honda last year and its starting to lose its power that it once had. We ride for about 2 hours every other day and maintain our bikes really well. We change all oil and clean airfilters and everything else after before every race, which is about every 2 weeks. And probably every other month or two he has to replace his rings on his piston. I have looked at mine and only replaced them once since i got the bike brand new.

Ok.

What is the Factory Honda Hour service intervil for a new top end written in the factory service / ownersl maunal?

When your Buddys bike lost power what was the Piston to cyliner clearance?

Ring end gap?

Did you measure everything to find out if the bore was to big (clapped out) or piston to small (wore out)? and what were those measurements?

What was and is Your Piston to Cylinder Wall Clearance at 200 hours? 300 Hours?

Note: Spelling is Wiseco as In Clyde Wiseman the Founder.

do you honestly expect to get 300 hours out of a piston and still have the same power, 300 hours is alot on a cylinder let alone a piston, hopefully you have changed you rings in 300 hours!

Mine!

If your looking for high end Works level Piston I will have a limited amount of

"R" series available. Part # R804M07800

This is in the area of 13:6-13:8-1 as I havent seen two cylinder heads cc the same. Skirt coated with with a running clearance of .0015.

Stress releived Shot Peened underside of Piston. ( no one is doing this)

Ring and compresion height or compresion distance moved up with the dome moved down for maximum flow. Valve pockets have also been layed back for maximum flow.

CNC Brushed Dome to further add to Maximum Flow and Flame Travel. ( No one else is doing this also).

This will be the finest fit and finished piston custom or off the shelf you will find right now.

Also available as option is a TiN ring ( again no one else is offering this).

Only available directly from that W company.

i might have to try one of these bad boys ?

wiseone are you the texas distributor for the W pistons a couple of years ago wiesco made some special pistons for allessi @ terry varners and my requestb just wandering if it was you.

Das me! only the office and warehouse are gone, I'm still in Texas work from home.

Mostly ran 50.50mm shelf stock catalog piston in Alessi's Super mini's. Varner had it working a little better than the 52mm.

Ok.

What is the Factory Honda Hour service intervil for a new top end written in the factory service / ownersl maunal?

When your Buddys bike lost power what was the Piston to cyliner clearance?

Ring end gap?

Did you measure everything to find out if the bore was to big (clapped out) or piston to small (wore out)? and what were those measurements?

What was and is Your Piston to Cylinder Wall Clearance at 200 hours? 300 Hours?

Note: Spelling is Wiseco as In Clyde Wiseman the Founder.

I don't have the manual right in front of me right now but i know i have checked everything and that bike has ridden just as good as the day i got it. I know he has done all the hop-up work to try and make his faster. We both have pro-circuit pipes, hot cams, and twin air filters performance wise and he has the wiseco piston and when we just get out in a field and drag, he will barely beat me on the mid range part. cudos to wiseco. But honda lives up to their name in being the toughest bike out there and i don't have to replace piston rings all the friggin time. If u take care of a honda it will last you forever and you won't need to put nothing in it. My dad got a 94 cr250 brand new, and has taken such good care of it, he has not had to overhaul his engine but a few times. I also have a friend who has a 2000 125 and he never cleans his air filter and only jumps on his bike and runs the crap out of it and puts it up. He doesn't maintain it at all. and he blows the sucker up all the time.