Sign in to follow this  

How often do you change your tire????

How often do you racers change your tire??? I think my tire is worn pretty bad but he just wants to flip it would this be ok to do??

Quit being cheap, go out and buy a new tire. It might come with some of those stickers you cherish so much if your lucky...

get dunlops,kendas,bridgestone's,and a paddle tire so ya never run out and like said before u may get some stickers of naked ladies with the kendas

yes flipping your tire helps but not for that long

Yeah u try and flip a rear tire on and 85....lol ill pay money to see that especially with a 739.....u can barely get it on we did everything the same in that twmx video, but the tire is alot different because it doesnt stretch like the bigger tires.

yes, if its a flippable tire.

What do you mean a flippable tire??? I have a Dunlop 756 on my YZ 250 that is starting to show wear, should I flip it or is it a major pain in the rear???

Yeah u try and flip a rear tire on and 85....lol ill pay money to see that especially with a 739.....u can barely get it on we did everything the same in that twmx video, but the tire is alot different because it doesnt stretch like the bigger tires.
I flip/change rear tires on my son's RM85 all the time (did the same when he was on 65's), it's not any harder than a full-size tire. Like the guy says in the video, "if it's hard, you're doing something wrong". Try using more lube (soapy water or windex) and make absolutely sure you have the opposite side pushed down into the "trough" of the rim as much as possible, this makes a huge difference. If you get the chance, hang out it the pits at a National or Supercross and watch the Dunlop or Bridgestone guys change tires for a while, you'll learn a ton and walk away shaking your head at how easy it can be when you use the right tools and technique.

I change tires right after they become good Sportsman sized supermoto slicks :thumbsup:

every 4 rides, unless I race then after the race.

can I have your old tires?

can I have your old tires?

I have a deal with the place I buy my tires from. I buy tires from them and put about 4 rides or 1 race on them and give them back to them. They give me 50% off the new tire and sell my use one at there store.

Dave

I flip/change rear tires on my son's RM85 all the time (did the same when he was on 65's), it's not any harder than a full-size tire. Like the guy says in the video, "if it's hard, you're doing something wrong". Try using more lube (soapy water or windex) and make absolutely sure you have the opposite side pushed down into the "trough" of the rim as much as possible, this makes a huge difference. If you get the chance, hang out it the pits at a National or Supercross and watch the Dunlop or Bridgestone guys change tires for a while, you'll learn a ton and walk away shaking your head at how easy it can be when you use the right tools and technique.

how often does ur son go through tires? and yeah we lubed enough but i use a hard tire its just hard to get it off without damaging it a little....ill try to drag my dad out to the national...i dont know if hell go for it.

I keep them until the edge is worn off, and I flip them as well. I ride on mostly sand with little rocks so my tires seem to last a while, but a few starts of a cement gate and the tires are ready for the garbage