what 450 4 stroke to purchase

i am looking for any information or opinions concerning which 450 4 stroke to purchase. i currently own a 04 kx250f and needless to say i have had my share or issues with the valves and the valve buckets. i do not think anyone will be surprised at that. i am now looking to purchase a 07 450 and i am currently leading toward the Yamaha. i have been informed by some that as far as the 4 strokes go that Yamaha is the most reliable in terms of valve life. taking into account that all the regular maintenance is performed. i have not ruled out any of the other manufactures including ktm. any information or opinions are welcomed. my rider class is vet c.

thanks for the help ?

Well the Yamaha is real easy to ride, has neutral handling, superb suspension, and no vibration, so it doesn't wear you out real fast. I should also be in the Vet C class, except they don't have a Vet C class for our local desert racing sanctioning body, so I have to race the Vet B class. I have a great time racing my YZ 450F.

I have ridden the 2006 YZ450 and the 2006 CRF450R. After about 30 miles in a race my hands started tingling from the vibration of the YZ450. Don’t get me wrong it is a great bike… until I rode the Honda. Hands down the CRF450R is a superior machine. The CRF feels lighter, turns better, the suspension is way better stock than the YZ, has less vibration, and starts easier. The engine power feels about the same on the two bikes. I almost bought the YZ until I rode the CRF. BTW, Honda supposedly fixed the intake valve eating issue in the 2006 model.

I would agree with everything you just said if you reverse the two bikes. You may have ridden a YZ that had not had time to work the suspension in, or that the settings were way off on. The vibration complaint is unfathomable.

Once set up correctly, the YZF corners with the same ease that a CRF does, but without any tendency to tuck the front end, or the tendency exhibited by many CRF's to just let go at the front without warning. The Yamaha, not only feels lighter than the Honda, it feels lighter than many 250 two-strokes.

I would agree with everything you just said if you reverse the two bikes. You may have ridden a YZ that had not had time to work the suspension in, or that the settings were way off on. The vibration complaint is unfathomable.

Once set up correctly, the YZF corners with the same ease that a CRF does, but without any tendency to tuck the front end, or the tendency exhibited by many CRF's to just let go at the front without warning. .

what he said! My YZ, without question, has less vibration than ANY CRF450 i've ridden (03, 05, 06), and turns as well - easily.

I think that guy is full of it, and probably 14 yrs old with no bike anyway. ?

I have ridden the 2006 YZ450 and the 2006 CRF450R. After about 30 miles in a race my hands started tingling from the vibration of the YZ450. Don’t get me wrong it is a great bike… until I rode the Honda. Hands down the CRF450R is a superior machine. The CRF feels lighter, turns better, the suspension is way better stock than the YZ, has less vibration, and starts easier. The engine power feels about the same on the two bikes. I almost bought the YZ until I rode the CRF. BTW, Honda supposedly fixed the intake valve eating issue in the 2006 model.

?:ride:?:ride::ride::crazy::ride::busted::busted::busted:

any reason why?

what are the advantages with any of those machines compared to a yamaha?

Welcome to Thumpertalk Brent!

Asking that question in here is like asking a barber if you need a haircut. You don't need a haircut! You need a 06 YZ450F ?

Look at my signature or in my garage :ride:

Funny thats the same thing my wife said!

It started out tucked in, but pants to big + 450 power = Untucked shirt with a touch of ass crack :ride:

I believe the real reason that the shirt cam out and the pants went down is because you have "Diminished Glute Syndrome" or "DGS". Maybe you should see the doctor about getting an orthotic. ?

I believe the real reason that the shirt cam out and the pants went down is because you have "Diminished Glute Syndrome" or "DGS". Maybe you should see the doctor about getting an orthotic. ?

Why mess around with and Orthotic when I can get glute implants! I hear all the kids are doing it these days. Or I could just get a CRF and my shirt would stay in all day ? - Sorry Red I could not resist :ride: Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Carry on with the pertinent, helpful, applicable information.

Why mess around with and Orthotic when I can get glute implants! I hear all the kids are doing it these days. Or I could just get a CRF and my shirt would stay in all day ? - Sorry Red I could not resist :ride: Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Carry on with the pertinent, helpful, applicable information.

FYI - I am riding an 06 YZ450 LE. ?

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=23595