Sign in to follow this  

oil change

i just got an 05 rmz250 and i changed the oil and oil filter in it i put 1.5 quarts and the oil is way above the hourglass is there a second drain plug i missed

since when was there 2 drain plug things??? i thought that like honda was the only one with two since the trans oil and cylinder oil are different

On the RM-Z 250 you put 1.5L

L = liters

Liters and quarts aren't the same thing

your bottle of oil should have liters on it

On that bike you should pour in 1L or the whole bottle in some size bottles and let is sit and look at the sightglass and add about half of a liter after

since when was there 2 drain plug things??? i thought that like honda was the only one with two since the trans oil and cylinder oil are different

There has always been two on the 05. :thumbsup:

and after you open the small drain plug hand crank engine slowly to push trapped oil out.

someone post a pic of the 2 drain bolts...i dont have a 05 but i still wanna see it

You should always drain both plugs. Otherwise you leave a lot of old oil in there. You want to get as much of the old oil out as possible that way you get the most crap out. Also when you change your oil you should change it when the engine is warm. The oil will flow out easier and less will stick in your motor. You should also change your filter everytime you change the oil otherwise you are leaving a bunch of dirty oil in there.

Just look at the bottom of your motor. There are only two downward facing bolts there. The large and small one. They are both drain plugs. If you have an owners manual check in there. If you still can't figure it out take it to a local shop and have them show you. Probably be better than asking on the internet. Nothing but a bunch of retards on the net. :thumbsup: