Sign in to follow this  

are they all the same?

On all tires is the length of the knobbie part the same?

in a word......no

on a soft terrian tire, the lug will be huge, becuase to get traction in those conditions, you need penatration, to move lots of dirt, to make you go foward

hard terrian tire contact area is much more important. the more lug touching the ground and any givin time the better :thumbsup:

will a soft terrain tire get worn down much more quickly if you run it on rocks and hard terrain?

OK i ride on a powerline trail most of the time thats hard and rocky. But I also like to ride motocross tracks which are mostly loose and soft . so should i get a hard on intermediat(sp)?

yes and the nobbies are huge. also they have a sticky compound that doesnt last and is just a softer compound of rubber.

I blew a Millville out in one ride on very hard and rocky terrain. I called Kenda to complain and the lady overnighted me a Carlsbad for free. I put it on and I swear it's the best rear tire I've ever used. It hooks up great on the tracks I ride and it lasts forever.

If you're switching from MX tracks to trails regularly, I'd try a Kenda Carlsbad.

we bought and sold a pair of them to my friend we were going to put them on my 85

OK i ride on a powerline trail most of the time thats hard and rocky. But I also like to ride motocross tracks which are mostly loose and soft . so should i get a hard on intermediat(sp)?

get All-Terrain! Dunlop makes great D956 all terrain tires i run them and they are great! :thumbsup:

is that made for intermedeiate?

No, it's for professionals only, your bike won't run a tire like that.