Sign in to follow this  

Nevada riding sucks !!!!!

Well unless you know a guy named Sharpie that can take you to some serious Super Secret, NSA, type riding. :cry: Tim, it was great to ride with you again. Your stomping grounds are top tier brother :thumbsup: Gotta love them local - known trails. We rode up to about 9100ft according to the GPS, just into Nevada. This is definately not for Donkey Trail lovers :ride: Sorry I am unable to provide any pic's of this place, which could be considered a slice of heaven. You'll just have to take my word for it. It was very beautiful. I will remember that view forever. The Tahoe area is awesome. I am still about them live ammo shells we found.

Thanks again,

-Dave

:thumbsup:

Ok! Now I've been to the Yerington slice of heaven. I've ridden Moonrocks more than once. I still have nightmares about the Mystery 250. :cry:

I have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't exist.

Now............... special request time................ HOOK ME UP! PM me. POST these NASA rides up. I won't tell anyone! I can keep it a secret! Ask Zeke! I'll even bribe you with all the beer you can drink. I'll bring lunch. Does anyone ride a 300? I have 2 pipes, 2 shock springs, an extra set of handle bars. :ride::ride:

Calgon................. Take me away! :ride:

nevada sucks. there's no reason to come here. you guys should stay in cali.

in particular, don't move here.

I rode Moonrocks last Saturday, I had to stay up in the singletrack to avoid the whooped out crap.

I rode Moonrocks last Saturday, I had to stay up in the singletrack to avoid the whooped out crap.

Nothin wrong with singletrack.

Middle Creek was more whooped out than any of the 3 or 4 times I have been to Mrocks.

At Moonrocks, I'm talking about the doubetrack/quad trails.........those are the ones that are whooped out. You ride those for a few miles and your legs are burning. :thumbsup:

I like the trails the singletrack there.......most of the time you don't see anyone.

The singletrack I like best at moonrocks are the wild horse trails. You go around every bend on the sidehill hoping it contiues cuz there is no way to turn around. Just around the next hill is a cow staring you right in the face.

I always wonder if it is a trail at all. Looks like no dirtbike tires have hit that ground only hooves. Then I realize I'm not the only guy who likes to ride deer trails.

M ROCKS!

I have ridden some sidehill stuff there that seemed to go on forever. I was wondering if it was ever going to end. I love that stuff. It was so steep that if you lost your front tire over the edge you were screwed.

:thumbsup: I rode the hills up on the right of staging area. North/West of the area! Not the direction alot of people go.

IT WAS GREAT! SINGLE TRACK! HILLCLIMBS of Death! Deep silty sand, almost straight up. There was Snow up there in June! Technical stuff that was a far cry from the whooped out mess in the valley.

If you want it tough, if you crave isolation, try it, you'll like it.

My only complaint.................. there were only a few trees. I like trees. I like squirrels that like trees. Trees are good. :ride:

Did you cross Winnemucca Ranch road and ride in the hills behind the airport, or the hills that are west of the rocks?

I have ridden some sidehill stuff there that seemed to go on forever. I was wondering if it was ever going to end. I love that stuff. It was so steep that if you lost your front tire over the edge you were screwed.

We rode one of those that did end.... it sucked, we had to bulldog the bikes down the side of the mountain. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Ok! Now I've been to the Yerington slice of heaven. I've ridden Moonrocks more than once. I still have nightmares about the Mystery 250. :cry:

I have no idea what you're talking about. It doesn't exist.

Now............... special request time................ HOOK ME UP! PM me. POST these NASA rides up. I won't tell anyone! I can keep it a secret! Ask Zeke! I'll even bribe you with all the beer you can drink. I'll bring lunch. Does anyone ride a 300? I have 2 pipes, 2 shock springs, an extra set of handle bars. :ride::ride:

Calgon................. Take me away! :ride:

If you mean a Kawasaki KLX 300 then I do I have a 1999 KLX 300 what kind is the spring rate. or what size rider are they for? and how much are you asking for all that stuff?

:thumbsup: There's an airport?? Why would anyone ever want to fly to Moonrocks or Pyramid Lake? It ain't a crop duster's port 'cuz nuthin' grows there. :ride:

Legend: More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in commercial airline crashes

The statistics on the safety of flying are immensely comforting, despite recent reports of a near-miss between a 747 and an RAF Hercules over Carlisle, and the Boeing 747 captain who apparently had to be reminded to lower his craft's undercarriage before landing at Heathrow. One expert has estimated that more people in the world are kicked to death by donkeys than die in plane crashes.

We might be willing to believe that more people are injured (i.e., kicked, bitten, trampled, or thrown) in donkey-related accidents than in airline-related accidents. Or, given a worldwide growth of air travel and a declining use of donkeys, we might be willing to believe that the rate of donkey-related accidents exceeds the rate of airline-related accidents. We might even be willing to believe that there are as many donkey-related fatalities (such as people getting hit by cars while leading or riding donkeys) as airline fatalities. But the claim that donkeys directly kill (by kicking) more people every year than airplane crashes do is a bit much to swallow without something to back it up. (The number of airline-related fatalities varies from year to year, but a figure of 1,200 deaths per year is a reasonable average.)

the preceeding Nevada public service message brought to you by Donkey Airlines :thumbsup:

I just love the way they made the Saddle Bags the same color as the Donkey, wait those are not Saddle Bags, my mistake. :thumbsup::ride:

I would not want that thing taking me down any winding trail, the center of gravity is just not right.