Sign in to follow this  

AMA vs. Beginner...14 out vs 7 out??

I noticed on alot of the AMA bikes, the settings for the front forks range from 12-16. From my understanding, this means 12-16 out from fully hard?

I saw settings for a beginner rider and his indicated 7 for Comp and Rebound on the front (Factory Connection).

Should it not be the opposite? Would you not want to have the pros running at around 6 or 7? Since they ride much faster and more agressive, would they not want stiffer suspension? Does 14 out not result in a softer fork versus a fork set at 7 out?

The clicker settings are all relative to the suspension VALVING! Meaning that the a pro has different valving compared to a beginner. The beginner setup would allow a higher setting on the clickers because of softer valving.....also on a factory bike they are running unobtainium suspension parts (meaning you will never see those parts unless you are a factory rider)......that have a greater range of adjustments....

theDogger

I also see guys at the local track running the same settings as the pros but I know for sure they are running stock Showa Stuff??

I also see guys at the local track running the same settings as the pros but I know for sure they are running stock Showa Stuff??

Sooo.... What? Read the above post.

Its all relative to valving if you have. My suspension guy at 4-pr (4-play racing) uses soft valving and slightly stiffer springs to compensate and give it an overall smoother feel.