Sign in to follow this  

The shipwreck

Any of you guys have GPS coordinates to the shipwreck or a basic location? There may be more than one, but the one I'm referring to seems to pop up in a lot of baja trip pics and videos. I'm guessing it is somewhere between Santo Tomas and San Quintin?

It is roughly 30*53' by 116*10'. It is super easy to find. It is on Punta San Jacinto, between Cuatro Casas and the hotel/resturant Pirates Cove. Pirates Cove is directly west of Camalu. Hope that helps. I had to guestimate the degrees off of my map so they are loose coordinates.

It is roughly 30*53' by 116*10'. It is super easy to find. It is on Punta San Jacinto, between Cuatro Casas and the hotel/resturant Pirates Cove. Pirates Cove is directly west of Camalu. Hope that helps. I had to guestimate the degrees off of my map so they are loose coordinates.

Pirates! Did you say Pirates? Thanks Boudroux. Approximation is plenty, I'm sure I'll find it. Just wanted to include a stop there for a pass by ride along the coast in the future.

Realisticly it isn't a whole lot to write home about, IMO. Big ship that has run aground and is covered in bird shit and rotting in two pieces. Still a cool place to stop, and take a photo or three with the ship as the background. Pirates cove has decent food and cold beer so be sure to stop there for lunch if you have the time.

Everytime I see it, its further on its side and whiter with bird S@@@.

It really is no biggee.

Not to be a party pooper or anything but here is a pic & GPS cord:

30* 51'40.0 N

116* 09'56.7 W

e8ab8bcd.jpg

You beat me to it! :ride:

Coordinates are nearly the exact same as I have.

I was just there yesterday (with my GF on her new quad);

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/johnnyairtime/MAIN%20misc/DSC02479.jpg

A great place to stop before heading to Pirates Cove to eat.

Pirates is N30.49.336/W116.05.318. They'll make stuff not on the menu too!

:thumbsup: