Sign in to follow this  

JE Piston

would it be worth it to put the je 13.5:1 in a stock bike,or should i go lower?

Do it. I have one for sale. Do it.

OK there Starsky :thumbsup: LOL

Definitely don't go lower than stock compression if that is what you are saying. The 13.5:1 will give you a bit more HP/TQ and you can still run on pump gas. It should add more low end grunt that most people want, so if you are rebuilding anyway, you might as well "do it, do it" :ride:

thanx guys.i will definitely go with the piston then.so it could run on pump gas,is there anything else to change to do that like jetting...??

thanx guys.i will definitely go with the piston then.so it could run on pump gas,is there anything else to change to do that like jetting...??

Your jetting wont change any more than what you can impact with the fuel screw alone.

with the je 13.5 to 1 will the piston hit the valves if i dont put a cam,someone said that to me,but i thought i would ask on here cus everyone is so helpful.im just lookin to put a new top end in my bike i.e.piston,rings and cylinder,nothing in the head.thats why ive been debating on the je 12.5 to 1, or the 13.5 to 1.

I have herd that 2 times now. I some how think that is not true. Aftermarket cams are usually bigger than stock. That is were you would run into problems. :thumbsup:

with the je 13.5 to 1 will the piston hit the valves if i dont put a cam,someone said that to me,but i thought i would ask on here cus everyone is so helpful.im just lookin to put a new top end in my bike i.e.piston,rings and cylinder,nothing in the head.thats why ive been debating on the je 12.5 to 1, or the 13.5 to 1.

i think i have heard this twice now also in this forum ----and it is NOT true,

the 13.5 will drop right in with plenty of clearance -----it works fine ,

most all piston makers cut the eyebrows deep on the high performance stuff

just so there will be alittle extra room for larger cams and such ( now of course when you are really building a healthy motor you will always clay check the clearance and fly cut the eyebrows deeper as needed after degreeing in the cam and re checking the compression,-----but the 13.5 je will drop in no problem in a standard normal bike :thumbsup:

i think i have heard this twice now also in this forum ----and it is NOT true,

the 13.5 will drop right in with plenty of clearance -----it works fine ,

most all piston makers cut the eyebrows deep on the high performance stuff

just so there will be alittle extra room for larger cams and such ( now of course when you are really building a healthy motor you will always clay check the clearance and fly cut the eyebrows deeper as needed after degreeing in the cam and re checking the compression,-----but the 13.5 je will drop in no problem in a standard normal bike :thumbsup:

The Wise man has graced us with his wisdom. :applause: Thank you for clearing that up. :ride: