Sign in to follow this  

Feedback on how to sell my bike

I am interested in selling my dirt bike and have posted an ad. I have had excellent "viewership" but not much interest (OK, it's only been a short amount of time..) - even with lots of extras and a bike that is w/in a hair's breath of brand-new. Would love feedback on whether TT is the place to sell or should I just throw in my lot with ebay to sell. If this is a bad use of the forum - apologies all around!

H

Just get the word out every way possible.

BTW it seems the more serious the group of riders the less they want to pay for a used bike...nearly new or not. Plus its riding season right now for most everyone, so dialing in another bike not on the list for guys unless they are looking for that bike in particular

Don't forget, when you get an offer from Nigeria for twice what you're asking, start another "Is this a scam" thread. We haven't had one for at least a week. :thumbsup:

I have to say... that i have had a REALLY hard time trying to sell my RM 125 and it's not because it's overpriced by any means, $2100 for an 04' RM 125. Anyway, i had it on CycleTrader for 4 weeks, no interests, I had it in our local Photo ad for another 4 weeks with no interests... i was about to give up.

On Monday of this week i posted my ad on Craigslist and MxClassifieds.com... i got repsonses from both!

I ended up selling my bike yesterday from the ad on Criagslist. I highly recommend placing a free ad on Craigslist!!

And... if you do place an ad online, BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!!!!

My boyfriend went along with a scammer that wanted to buy my bike. We could tell from the start it was a scam, he lived in England. He saw my ad on CycleTrader. We took it pretty far and actually got a check in the mail for $6500 and had told the guy that we had wired money to the shipper (which never happened)... the scammer started to call our cell phones over and over for a few days and finally we told the guy we had been messing with him all along and you'd have to be pretty retarded to fall for his scam and told him we had taken his fake check and all of his emails to our DA's office. A 2 year old could have made a better fake check than he did!!

You should have taken the check to a grocery store and cashed it. :thumbsup:

The best way to sell a bike or anything is to advertise everywhere.

Tell all your friends and co-workers, Local bike shop is a good one, Craigslist, penny, trader, local newspaper classifed section, on line, ebay is cool I bought a bike off there once.

And if no one bites, lower the price cause your too high. If some people call you can hold out for the right person.

The jacked part is sometimes what we think its worth and what we are willing to take are highier than what someone is willing to pay.

are you selling a 450? My friend is looking for a one

Ebay it away!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sold four bikes on Ebay. It is the way to go.

I put an atv on Craigslist and received numerous emails for it (none were scams). It was sold within a 2 week period. No fees, etc.

If you are contacted via email and it sounds like it might be a scam - it is.

If you email them back they will continue to send you emails (20) on a daily basis.

Heard great things about craigslist.

I've sold a car, bought a bike and sold a bike on EBay. All worked like a charm for me. I got a couple flakey emails when I sold the car, but the bike deal was smooth as silk.

I would try EBay. Just make sure you are very descriptive, lot's of good pictures, and be every clear of your payment methods and shipping options. I did get a couple emails asking me to deliver the bike outside the limits I posted. I just said, "Sorry".