Sign in to follow this  

crf150 1/4 mile time?

Does anyone have any idea how fast a crf150 would run a 1/4 mile in? Im just curious :thumbsup:

hahahaha. seriously though, any ideas??

no idea

but 1/8 mile times would probably be better, since the bike would top out in the 1/8 im sure haha

I asked this type of question before and was basicially told it was a stupid question.

I should bring my bike next time I'm racing and throw my number on it when I'm done. heh

im just curious cuz were going to a drag strip on friday, with cars obvously, but i was curious how fast the bike would do it in. Anyoen wanna try for me?

There's usually a class for all bikes and snowmobiles.... I don't see why you couldn't ride a dirt bike. I'm not 100% on that though. If you can race snowmobiles, I'd think you could race a dirt bike.

I think the gearing might limit you in a 1/4 mile scinario.

16-20 eh? thats actually not bad at all... I wanna try it on a road, but i can't really ride by my house... so if anyone wants to try it on their bike and let me know :thumbsup:

what is slow? to rock crawlers 5 mph is pretty quick, to weekend drag racers 50 or 60 is slow. a 12 horsepower bike going 1320 feet in 20 seconds= 66 ft. a second if my calculations are right...to me that is quick

slow is a relative assumption of the speed a CRF150 will travel a 1/4 mile in as compared to what i think is fast. which is the all knowing godly record, doubt it and thall shall suffer the consequences....which are bad....trust me.....SUCKA!

:thumbsup:

once again slow is actually fast to some people...its all relative, a 12 hp bike doing a quarter in 20 is VERY good considering it takes 600+ for a car truck to do it in the 11-12's (at least diesel pickups)

It does NOT take 600hp for a car to run 11's…. Obviously it depends on the car's weight and what not though.

You cannot compare dirt bikes and cars in the 1/4 mile anyway. There is NOTHING comparable between the two.

This will solve the question... what's the top speed these bikes can do? 50? 60? You'll be hitting that half way down the track and not be able to accelerate anymore. Thus, making the 1/4 mile time extremely slow. It's just not an appropriate figure to measure a bike like this with. 1/8 mile would make much more sense.

Does anyone care what a 150 can do in the quarter mile? Ah no. I have to agree. Stupid question that is loaded with all sorts of crap. If you want to drag race do it with somthing that drag races.

Does anyone care what a 150 can do in the quarter mile?

Obviously the thread starter does, that's why he asked.