Sign in to follow this  

So Cal transplant

I'm heeere. It was a long drive, myself and the dog. :ride: Girlfriend and the bike to follow soon. :ride: I want to :crazy: as soon as i get settled in the new house, hopefully lake tapps. Where do I ride that's close to semi close. I know nothing about the area, or the regulations yet. My 2002 YZ426F is green sticker. how does all that stuff work here? Hoe far is the desert from me? Let er rip boyz. I am glad to get out of that :thumbsup: F..ked up state and away from the :ride: F...ed up people. I must say i've met some real nice people here. :cry:

I'm heeere. Let er rip boyz. I am glad to get out of that :thumbsup: F..ked up state and away from the :ride: F...ed up people. I must say i've met some real nice people here. :ride:

Well, you asked for it: Go easy on the potty mouth! :ride:

San Pedro huh? I'm an transfer from the Riviera (just below Malaga Cove). Graduated from South Torrance HS. (Go Spartans!) So, I'll guess you were a SPHS Pilot?

Browse this link: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100321 Has a whole bunch of info about riding...tracks and trails.

Pincushion came out of Long Beach just a few months ago...Belmont Shores if I'm not mistaken.

Welcome to the PNW...year-round riding unlike any you'll find in Cali. Closest thing in California (from Mammoth to Poway) like our trails here would be Kennedy Meadows.

How many hours did it take you to get to Mojave? 4 hours? And then you couldn't really ride there between June and October. Well Central Oregon (3.5 hrs) is your closest 'desert' to Portland and there are some cool spots there...just right now it's pretty dusty. Most folks over here (Coast Range) that go to Central OR, tend to get those trips in between, you guessed it, November and June. Sorry Central BROS, but we've got it the best over here!!

Welcome sanpedro426 - from another escapee from...there! :cry:

So where are you located now? :thumbsup: What part of the state?

Looks like he's hoping to end up in Lake Tapps, WA. So he'll need to consider the Desert100 in April next year! :ride:

This is my foul-mouthed bud from the land O' fruits and nuts. Living in Cali will certainly expand anyones vocabulary and gradually goes away as the NW decrompression happens. As I stated in my e-mail Jim: Welcome dude!

Green/red stickers are a thing of the past. The only argument people seem to have here is which DMV's issue plates and which dont. Although I think WA is pretty strict on plating... at least stricter than OR.

Not sure about N. WA. riding, but I keep hearing Gifford Pinchot(Near Mt. St. Helens) is the goods. I'm sure the WA guys will be chiming in with lots of good info. Give me a buzz if/when you got time to meet for a ride.

Being that you will locate to near lake tapps, you should be close ( 2 hrs?) from excellent cascade woods riding at little naches off hwy 410 around chinook pass ( not the town of naches), then prolly 3 hrs away off i-90 south of cle elum is taneum creek . then south of you just west of olympia there is capitol forest (90000 acres of riding, not as much or as high as naches though), and west of bremerton there is tahuya. many more western wa. woods riding areas,then eastern wa. has numerous desert riding opportunities 3-4 hours away.

joe

San Pedro, you need to go in to your control panel and change you location. Still shows you as a cally resident. As for riding areas, What Ed listed and what TrailmeisterJoe said. GPNF is great also. In fact, its one of my favorites, but dont tell anyone!