Sign in to follow this  

A huge thank you to Thumper Racing!

I am a little late posting this because it has been about a month but things have been a whirl wind. Anyway, I was at the Loretta's regional in Wortham, TX and I am a 30+ vet rider. I have an '04 RMZ 250 with a 300 kit. When I got to the track for practice Friday morning and cranked the bike something didn't sound right. Needless to say I had no compression and didn't understand why. I took the bike apart in the trailer to find the piston cracked right down the middle. It is 4pm on Friday afternoon now and I have to qualify tomorrow.

Well, I call Thumper Racing, which was about 3 hrs. from where I was at. I could never make it there before they closed so the salesman agreed to let me pay for the parts over the phone and he would hide them outside for me to pick them up. I left Wortham at 6pm and returned at midnight. I got everything put back together and in bed for 3am. I woke up for 6:15 and rolled the bike out the camper and she fired right up.

To say I was exhausted would be an under statement but those guys really bailed me out when I would have to throw in the towel. Thanks again to the guys at Thumper Racing and hopefully you have a kit for the '07 RMZ 250 in the works!

Charlie

In the 30+ I finished 10 and the 35+ I finished 14. I was exhausted on Saturday and I was getting dehydrated from all the mayhem on Friday. I tried to take it easy Saturday evening and get some rest for Sunday. Things definately went better on Sunday. I figured out why I couldn't get a good start and landed to awesome holeshots. I think that may have made a few guys mad to see a RMZ 250 getting the holeshot. Anyway, I was transferred from New Orleans to Houston and moved in y house last week and pretty much did not aloow me to make plans to make the trip to Loretta's. Oh well, I still had a great time trying to get there.

Charlie