Sign in to follow this  

Chamber seal broken....

I was changing the oil in my KYB twin chamber forks last night, and my 4 year old decided she needed to help a little bit. I was in the process of pulling the valving part out of the inner chamber. I dropped it and the top plastic piece cracked/chipped a little. Kawi doesn't list any real replacement parts for that, only the complete valve assembly.

I did reassemble, the o-ring doesn't seal completely anymore I'm sure, but I don't know exactly what it seals off. The only thing above it is the cap/bleeder valve.

Factory Connection doesn't list parts, but I will be at Washougal tomorrow and will hit them up about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod

does it look like that:

IMG_0765.JPG

I noticed my damping was light and disassembled my KYB today.

I think it will be no problem for me to repair this but maybe I am not the only one with that problem :thumbsup:

my first idea was it's broken maybe due to cleaning it with solvent but I think it's made of PP or PA, they are solvent resistant. also possible it's made of POM which I don't know if it's solvent resistant.

but then I saw it's broken right at the injection point (where the plastic was injected in the mould) so it is also possible they made a mistake at production or it's a wrong design. so let's hope this is the only one... :ride:

No mine is a disc on the top of that piece, which Enzo said is the "mid valve". I assume you are not in the US, but Enzo is doing a swap out of the KYB mid valves for people. I'll call them again and get the correct name and post it.

Thanks,

Rod

my first idea was it's broken maybe due to cleaning it with solvent but I think it's made of PP or PA, they are solvent resistant. also possible it's made of POM which I don't know if it's solvent resistant.

I checked the plastic today - it's POM, which is (should be) solvent resistant...