Sign in to follow this  

Q: 640 LC4 SM instrument mistery?!

Just received my '06 LC4 Supermoto. During the "how-to KTM" crash-course at the dealer noticed that the instrument panel has a mysterious "F" meter (besides the usual ODO, TRIP1, TRIP2 and TIME). I.e. when stepping through these well-documented counters appears a fifth one, designated with as capital "F" as the first character. What's this for?! (Dealer looked confused also...) :thumbsup:

I too just picked up my 05 640 sm and was stumped with the f. In the manual it states it has something to do about fuel (countdown) I havnt had a chance to play with it I normally just use the tripmeter to gauge fuel.

KTM utilised the same trip computer in the SM bikes as in the Duke and the Adventure. The latter two has a "low fuel level" warning light which also automatically switches the trip computer to a special "remaining fuel range" trip mode (the aforementioned "F" mode). The SM has no low-fuel-level sensor, but KTM did not disable this mode in the SM instrument, though useless here... :thumbsup: