Sign in to follow this  

2000 Te 410

Hey Husky folk! I currently own a DRZ400 but have my eye on a 2000 TE410. Don't know a whole bunch about these bikes but I've heard they awesome. Is there anything I should watch out for about the 2000 model TEs? Have they changed mush since then?

Thanks for any information you can offer.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 2000 410. I have just sold mine to replace it with an 06 450. Mine had a bit of work done to it; derestricted airbox, twin core exhaust, 610 cam (that replaced a modified TC410 cam) and 13-52 gearing. The bike just kept pulling in the mid-range but probably could have gone a bit better if it had had a 14T up front. The modified TC cam I had in it put the power out very quickly but it tappered off as quick as it came on - I found the 610 cam much better. While I have only tested the new 450, the power on the new one comes on a lot quicker but the bike is easier to turn and is lighter. I have a mate who has the DRZ which is derestricted at the exhaust and throttle bottle body and runs 1 tooth shorter on the CS sprocket & has Race Tech springs - that is a very nice bike to ride - a bit like riding a lounge chair. I found the husky powered up a lot faster was more enjoyable to ride than the DRZ - My friend thought the DRZ was better suited to him. I never had any problems whatsoever with mine - in the end, they are both very good bikes.