Sign in to follow this  

My new oil burning nazi!

I'm picking up my new pride and joy in a week. a new Touareg V6 3L TDI. I don't know how I'll see this week through. Haven't been so excited since ever! My bike trailer should start holding on, coz its gonna fly! Apparently around 170KW and 500nm, 26mpg. Do you guys get the V6 diesel over there?

That's sweet! No we don't get the small, fuel efficient diesels here in the states. :thumbsup:

That's sweet! No we don't get the small, fuel efficient diesels here in the states. :thumbsup:

Not true, we have a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with a 2.8L common-rail diesel that has been used in European markets for years. It is awesome.

Not any more. Emmisions requirements killed the Jeep diesel. It will not be here any longer.

Our govt thinks they pollute too much. I don't know how that is as diesels are all over the EU. It sure would be great to have a diesel economy car and a diesel toyota compact truck.

Not any more. Emmisions requirements killed the Jeep diesel. It will not be here any longer.

We are lucky to have one. The 2.8CRD is a light duty industrial engine as opposed to an engine designed for a passenger car. From what I've read on the diesel boards, the 2.8 does not meet 2007 emissions standards. However, DC is importing a couple new diesel engines that do meet the standard. They will have a diesel minivan, Caliber, and a Grand Cherokee. The minivan and GC are getting Mercedes diesels and the Caliber is getting a VW TDI engine. :thumbsup:

I'm getting it tomorrow! it'll take me a 500 miles round trip. I bet I'll enjoy the trip back more than going. I'll let you know how it feels.

I dunno why they don't do more little diesels I think they are better and you can get a lot more power out of them than a gas engine look at the Chevy duramax and dodge cummins or ford power stroke just some electronic crap and boom you got 400hp to the wheels and I heard of one diesel (it was a pulling truck tho) running 68lb's of boost

my mom has a big V8... that thing is great!! eats the gas though it's good for her though she got it 2 christmas's ago and only has 8,000 miles on it... must be nice... i've had my taco since march and i already have 6400 miles on it :thumbsup:

I believe this year is the last year for the VW TDI in the Jettas and Beetles as well. Same smob issues as the Jeep.

I have an 01 TDI ... plan on keeping it for a while