Sign in to follow this  

Newbie from Midlothian, Va

Just a quick note to see if anyone is from my neck of the woods.

I live on the South-side of Richmond in Chesterfield County. Have two boys 11 and 12, they just got their first bikes PW80s (saved the money themselves). Does anyone know of good/close location to ride?

Thanks

"Soon to be a WR250F rider and always a Valkyrie rider"

south hill va. the club is r.a.d.d. the pres is doug. i think it cost 125 a year. i have been there four times and the trails are great,it is a 9 hour ride for me but it is worth it. :thumbsup::ride:

Just a quick note to see if anyone is from my neck of the woods.

I live on the South-side of Richmond in Chesterfield County. Have two boys 11 and 12, they just got their first bikes PW80s (saved the money themselves). Does anyone know of good/close location to ride?

Thanks

"Soon to be a WR250F rider and always a Valkyrie rider"

look at cvtronline.com

You should try Slades park in surry thats not to far from you lots of easy places to ride there.

The closest club I know of is the Central VA Trail Riders. They have land about 70 miles from Midlothian. There are a number of younger riders in the club. The land has a MX track, a beginner track, and some trail. Meetings are held first Tuesday of each month. Web site is http://cvtronline.com/. You can get meeting details there. The Forum page is presently not working due to some stupid hacker.

If you don't mind mixing in with quads, there's a beginner friendly trail loop north of Lynchburg called Pedlar Mountain. You need to pick the right kind of weather for the most fun as there is a lot of hard packed clay and its dusty when dry and VERY slick when wet.

Have fun!

Ya, I think somebody mentioned Slades Park: http://www.sladespark.com/

Its a mix of riders, bikes & quads young and old. It can get pretty dusty when dry and some of the mud holes are pretty deep. Its not huge but worth the trip.... :thumbsup:

MikeH

My son and I have recently purchased bikes and have tried Slades and the Peddler riding area in the George Washington National Forest. We much prefered Peddler, even though it is further away. Peddler has at least twice the lenght of trails than what is available at Slades (25 miles vs 12 miles). Slades did not recommend we come on a weekend due to number of bikes that show up on Saturday and Sunday. Peddler was not very crowded this past Saturday. Would still like to find something closer to Richmond.