Sign in to follow this  

triple clamp recomendation?

hey guys i serched and found no solid answers on this for the 06. what offset is recommended 22mm or 20mm?, i'm considering applied rubber mount or pro circuit or rg3 looking for something that allready has the stem pressed in so i don't have to full with that. also i considering a stering dapmner or stabalizer as well, like to get something that mounts behind the front number plate any ideas or recomendeations?

Don't worry about the stem. You can have any local shop press the old one out and back into your clamp for about 1/2 hour or less of labor.

Stock offset is 24mm, it's all personal preference if you want offset clamps and which ones, either 22mm or 20mm.

I had Pro Circuit 20mm clamps on my '02, but I think they would be a bit much for any other year, especially '05/'06 since the front axle has been moved back 2mm.

If $$$ wasn't an issue, I'd get 22mm offset clamps and the Rekluse E-axle. That way you can have the adjustability from 24mm all the way to 20mm.

As far as the streering stabilizer, if I were to buy one I'd go for Scotts.

These guys can help you out: www.brpit.com

i have a scotts fender mount now, its nice. I have used rg3 20mm on my 06 seemed a bit much, so I went to stock lower 24mm with rg3 upper. I like it alot better, however Im gonna try the applied rubber mount 22mm offset and see how those are now that Ive got my works susp. I will prob throw the 20mm RG3s back on there first to see how that works now. Ktm is 18mm and those pros run clamps way back and love it. I think maybe I just had mine setup incorrectly.

i have a scotts fender mount now, its nice. I have used rg3 20mm on my 06 seemed a bit much, so I went to stock lower 24mm with rg3 upper. I like it alot better, however Im gonna try the applied rubber mount 22mm offset and see how those are now that Ive got my works susp. I will prob throw the 20mm RG3s back on there first to see how that works now. Ktm is 18mm and those pros run clamps way back and love it. I think maybe I just had mine setup incorrectly.

When you ran the 20mm uppers and the 24mm lower clamp what bent, the clamps or the forks?